Should I feel concerned my boyfriend carries a knife with him everywhere?

He's a sweet guy and he never threatens me. He respects me and all but I just don't like that he has a pocket knife everywhere we go. He takes it off and leaves it in the car if he isn't allowed to have it somehwere but I just can't escape the fact that knives kill people. He even has a collection... show more He's a sweet guy and he never threatens me. He respects me and all but I just don't like that he has a pocket knife everywhere we go. He takes it off and leaves it in the car if he isn't allowed to have it somehwere but I just can't escape the fact that knives kill people. He even has a collection of over 20 knives.

Should I be concerned that he has some sort of self preservation problem that he thinks people are out to get him? I mean you don't need over 20 knives. He says it's just a tool but how many tools do you need?
Update: @penny, I see your point. You and Clause.

No, he is not violent. In fact, he loves kids and animals and he sponsors a child in South America. It's just the knives I have a problem with is all.
Update 2: He keeps them in a display case in his room.