Am I spoiled?? (teen girl)?

So I'm sixteen and I am always hearing from my boyfriend & family that I'm to spoiled thats why I act the way I do now , So in no way shape or form am I trying to brag about the things I have but I really want you guys to actually please tell me if I am spoiled . Because I don't believe my family & boyfriend when they say this So I have 3 pairs of uggs I'm almost getting my 4th (maybe) this christmas . I own almost all abercrombie & fitch clothes . At the moment I have a 400$ phone but I'm getting the iPhone 5 for christmas . I own 5 coach wrislets & 1 coach bag . I have a 70$ school bookbag . I have a laptop , iPod touch . I have tons of MAC makeup products . I have 10 pairs of sneakers I have all juicy couture perfumes & over 30 bottles of victoria secret lotions . I go to the store and mainly always get to get what I want NOT EVERYTHING but most of what I want I also have a 200$ straightner . So that kinda sums it up!!!!

I have no car yet because I don't have my license yet.

Favorite Answer

You definitely have a lot of possessions, but being spoiled is more about how grateful you are for your possessions. If you are thankful when receiving gifts, and you do not expect large, expensive presents from everyone, you are privileged but not spoiled. If you expect to always get what you want and demand others to buy you things, you are spoiled. It seems like you have the financial means to get whatever you want, but that does not necessarily make you spoiled.

Ok.. I really need to tell you something that you seem to not know at all here.: Whether you are spoiled or not doesn't depend on how much you have, it's if you have a "all about me" attitude towards things, are greedy, expect a lot of material good from those around you and if you really don't think about the financial things.

So if you're acting like a spoiled brat (meaning you pout when you don't get that $200 straightener or new phone or you're upset when you can't have the newest expensive pants), you're asking for way more than you know you should have, you expect to much from others who may not be able to give it to you, you always get almost everything you want all the time, and you ask for expensive items like designer wear and new technology when you don't need it. Then yea, you're really spoiled and I hope for your sake and your family's sake that you change cus the world doesn't revolve around you.

However, if your family is showering you in these gifts, you only asked for a little bit of it, you knew the financial costs (meaning someone else in your family might not be able to afford a good present for someone else), and you aren't expecting any of this. Then you're not spoiled...

I'm 17, my parents bought me a used Subaru Outback ('99, 1 previous owner, probably about 3 grand). I'm not spoiled at all for having that car, I never asked for one specifically (my parents just asked what kind I'd like if I could have one), I never even really thought about having a car, but I get a lot of use out of it, I'm a good driver, I am still very, very grateful to have what I have and I'm quite happy about it. So, am I spoiled for having a car that was well taken care of by the last owner and is my transportation for anywhere I want to go? No, not in the least, I understand the value behind it, I truly appreciate it and I really enjoy all the memories and time I've had with it in a short time.

Cars don't make you spoiled unless you're like "Daddy, I want a 2014 BMW, the white one with the chocolate brown leather seats. Only that one, if you get me some used car I'll hate you forever."

I think you'll learn as you grow, you do get a lot more than normal kids and if you're getting everything you want at the store, one day you might not be able to pay for everything yourself and it'll be a rude awakening unless you start to change now. The more you learn that you won't be able to have Juicy Couture perfume in mass quantities all throughout college or that when you have your own kids, you'll sacrifice a lot of things for yourself in order to buy them nice things. Some day you may very well be on a budget that doesn't allow for loads of frivolous things like Victoria's Secret lotions only or several pairs of Uggs or MAC makeup. So get used to not having it all cus you'll learn in life that unless you're a celebrity, a successful inventor or an heiress, you're not gonna be getting everything you want.

I don't think you are. I too, have some A&F and Hollister clothes, 2 coach bags (1 wristlet, 1 purse), 1 Louis Vuitton bag, another designer purse, I have an $100 schoolbag, $100 coat, Macbook, 2 ipods (old though, 1 is ipod 4th gen and 1 is ipod shuffle), I have Estee Lauder makeup, a $200 straightener and some perfumes/lotions...

I don't get everything I want and I appreciate everything I have :) So I don't think you're spoiled :)

Anytime some feels the need to list what they have it seem like they a wrapped in the value of thing. Why do you feel the need to keep track of all the stuff that you have? It is just stuff. It could be all gone tomorrow how would you feel? Worthless? If you where to feel worthless than it shows signs that your stuff is more important than people.

• Lance

No car yet? On a scale of 1-10 you're a Nine.

• Well tbh I have that stuff.. Probably plus more? But I don't think I'm spoiled because I always do stuff for my mum and dad and help them out best way I can then I get rewards! I am very great full. Most of my makeup is also high end, I have designer handbags and such, plenty of shoes. U don't need to ask people if your spoiled, being spoiled to me is acting ungrateful and bragging.

Source(s): I love how everyone is giving thumbs down to the answers saying no you're not spoiled or no that's not a lot, it's different to everyone and some have more some don't!

No just a silly little girl.

Yup!

To me that isn't that much. But it might be to you.

not compared to my teens