How do you interpret 2 John 1:9-11?

2 John 1:9-11

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

9 Everyone must continue to follow only the teaching about Christ. Whoever changes that teaching does not have God. But whoever continues to follow the teaching about Christ has both the Father and his Son. 10 Don’t accept those who come to you but do not bring this teaching. Don’t invite them into your house. Don’t welcome them in any way. 11 If you do, you are helping them with their evil work.

I Try - nah.... that is not why I asked the question. It is a unity thing. I was wondering many different interpretations there are in regards to this scripture. Too bad you have no inkling to answer the question, though. Did you not answer it because of 1 Corinthians 2:14

Favorite Answer

The official Bongo Translation below (OBT)

"Everyone must continue to follow only the teaching about Christ"

I like money so I must grow my cult and make them give me cool shizz

"Whoever changes that teaching does not have God. But whoever continues to follow the teaching about Christ has both the Father and his Son"

I can't believe they are buying this. I'm going to pimp my threads out, I mean huge gold shekels round my neck flava-flav stylee.

"Don’t accept those who come to you but do not bring this teaching. Don’t invite them into your house"

Haters can hate, G, but we yo family now. Kinda like a Cult. Note to self: go easy on the cult speak.

"Don’t welcome them in any way. If you do, you are helping them with their evil work"

La la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm not listening to your science and reason quick close the doors and sing kumbayah

2 John 1:9-11

The Message (MSG)

8-9 And be very careful around them so you don’t lose out on what we’ve worked so diligently in together; I want you to get every reward you have coming to you. Anyone who gets so progressive in his thinking that he walks out on the teaching of Christ, walks out on God. But whoever stays with the teaching, stays faithful to both the Father and the Son.

10-11 If anyone shows up who doesn’t hold to this teaching, don’t invite him in and give him the run of the place. That would just give him a platform to perpetuate his evil ways, making you his partner.

Source(s): Camille
  • star

9 Whosoever transgresseth , and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

' abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.'

WHAT is the doctrine of Christ ?

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS ___ ? hang all the law and the prophets

means ___ ? Torah, Old Testament

' 9 ... He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. '

means whoever does NOT abide in the Law and the Prophets (Torah) ... hath NOT the Father and the Son.

WHO are these 'christians' who DO NOT abide in the Law and the Prophets ?

-- doctrine of grace

-- doctrine of john calvin

-- doctrine that teach Jesus Christ was only a MAN

-- doctrine that teach Jesus Christ was really Michael the Archangel

-- doctrine that teach sunday worship vs saturday (Sabbath) worship

-- doctrine that teach EVERYDAY is the Sabbath ??

-- doctrine that teach a christian can marry a heathen ... on and on.

-- doctrine that says after divorce can RE-MARRY ?

on and on ...

these 'christians' hath NOT the Father and the Son ...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

• Carym

That we should continue with the teachings of Christ, then we have the Father also. Should any other doctrine omit Christ, who is (the Way, Truth and Life) for instance, the Jehowa Witnesses and other sects -- these are actually the anti-Christ, and we are not to welcome them in our homes and it makes perfect sense why we shouldn't?

Omitting Christ means Omitting the Father also!

• I Try

I would understand you would have trouble understanding scripture, we are told.....

1 Corinthians 2:14 But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

I assume to you it means that it is OK to HATE OTHERS and not even say hello to people that once were very good friends because they have ignored the teachings of the society and left.

1 Corinthians 2:14 makes it very easy for us to understand why your society continues to HATE OTHERS and to ostracize family and friends when they decide to believe differently to you.

You society has done this to people that refused to follow your older blood teachings and have blood fractions transfused into their children thereby saving their lives only to find they were still ostracized after the society got brighter light and started to teach as they had acted and allowed blood fractions to be transfused.

• Bugsy

Almost the same thing it says in Mathew 10

:11: Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who is worthy, and stay there until you go out.

12: And when you go into a house-hold greet it

13: If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.

In a nutshell, Don't partake in theologies or practices that are not in the spirit of Christs providence according to scripture.

• E

Why not READ a REAL Bible and you would know the answer

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

that is as simple as the nose on your face

• those verses refer to watching out for false teachers who do not follow the instruction and example of Jesus... read it from V7

http://www.htmlbible.com/kjv30/B63C001.htm

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Christ's followers (true believers) can ONLY give their approval to those things that please Christ. If Christian mingle with a necromancer, then they are giving credence to the beliefs of the necromancer and disobeying God, as it is God who said that what they do is 'evil'. Why would I want to hear what the dead have to say, when Christ arose from the dead?!?

We point people to Christ.

like there antichrist trying to lead people away from God, more interaction might start to affect u that u were giving way to accomplishing their agenda