How do I file my taxes late?

I just got approved for an FHA home loan to buy a house .. However they need my w2s from 2011-2012, but I never filled taxes for 2012.. Will this affect my loan? Where can I file late taxes?

• Bobbie
    Favorite Answer

And so NOW you do have a problem that you did create for your self when you did fail to correctly and completely fill out your 2012 1040 FIT tax return during the 2013 tax filing season for the 2012 tax year.

So where are the copies of your W-2 forms that you should have received from your employers during the tax filing season for each tax year at that time in your life?

Go to the www.irs.gov website and use the search box for the forms that you do need and fill them out correctly and completely and print 2 copies one for you records and the other copy to be signed and mailed to the correct IRS address for processing at this time in your life.

1040 instructions 2012

http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040/ar01.html

1040 form 2012

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 11/15/2013

You'll have to file by mail. It's too late to e-file.

The problem that you are going to have is that it is going to take 8 to 12 weeks or more before the IRS will be able to produce a transcript of your 2012 return. Until the mortgage lender can pull your transcript your loan will never get past the underwriter. You can see if they will be willing to work from your W-2s, but that's unlikely. A tax return transcript directly from the IRS is the best verification of income available since it's virtually impossible to falsify.

• NA

File by mail. If you file by mail NOW, it will take 6-8 weeks to process.

The IRS efile system is down for improvements and won't be up until February (3 months from now). Even after it comes up, you'd have to pay a professional preparer to efile and most don't know they can efile up to three years of returns.

Download the forms from the IRS website, fill them out, and mail in. It will take 8-12 weeks. You can also buy Turbo Tax to do it then mail it in. I hope you do not have a house picked out.

• tro

filing late will be manual and you can either use a tax professional or do your own, the forms you need are all at www.irs.gov

• Rob

u will not be getting the house.

u have larger problems with IRS.

contact IRS.gov for local offices.

take the down payment and escrow accounts

and get a 2nd job while saving every penny.

when IRS is finished with u u can start looking

for a house in a year or so when u got money saved

up again.

Source(s): foreclosure buyer

Prepare the returns like you should have done when they were due then file them.