who are the Boys of Fall mentioned by Kenny Chesney?

I have been listening to Kenny Chesney's "Boys of Fall" and I wonder who they are or were. They seem pretty famous but I never heard of them. They seem to have something to do with football. I hope I can learn about them.

Favorite Answer

Boys of Fall is a football documentary about life. Executive Producer and Country Superstar, Kenny Chesney began shooting footage and football interviews for his new single "The Boys of Fall" in fall 2009. After shooting footage of friend and New Orleans Saints' coach Sean Payton at his high school alma mater, Chesney decided to expand the video into a full documentary film. Over the next several months he filmed youth football games, high school football games & locker room speeches as well as interviews with football greats. Interviews include Troy Aikman, Bobby Bowden, Mack Brown, Tony Dungy, Brett Favre, John Madden, Peyton Manning, Joe Namath, Sean Payton, Bill Parcells, Nick Saban and Jim Tressel. After an introduction that includes Payton speaking to his old high school team in the locker room before a big game, it depicts how those who do not go on to long, storied careers in the NFL, like high school wide receiver Chesney, the lessons learned on the field help to shape who they are today.