Job at Winery, Were they wrong?

So I was terminated from my job. Reason given: Didn't comply with company policy.

My story: I got along with everyone. However, one co-worker in particular didn't like me. She was close the manager and his brother and through co-workers, i heard that they would speak disrespectfully about me. The manager went so far as to calling me stupid. I began feeling uncomfortable and addressed this with my boss notifying him that i would like to give my 2 weeks notice because I could not take the hostility anymore. I also addressed that i had ADD and calling me stupid is uncalled for. Less than 2 weeks later, I was terminated all due to the mouths of the female and the managers brother. I followed policy. I was told to ask for identification of all individuals who appeared under 21 and did so. I was told not to ask the relative but the person purchasing. Communication was off between all bosses and managers. They terminated me as an example but kept someone who never IDs. Were they wrong?

Favorite Answer

Write up what happened (in an adult manner) and forward that to the owner of the company at the home office.

Stick with the actions that you were told to do by specific people that didn't comply with policy. Ignore mentioning the 'badmouthing' since that's a perceived thing and won't hold the weight that being instructed to do something different than the rules would have.

Wine Jobs Temecula

I am quite sure it is not with the industry where you are working but the problem is with one particular person. And I suggest you to resolve that issue by taking appropriate steps.

• Yes. Absolutely. The moment your supervisor called you "Stupid" he violated your rights. Also, you do not have to work in a hostile environment. Go to your state's employment / labor department and file a complaint against the employer. Also, see a lawyer.

You can be fired at any time for any reason.

So they were not wrong. You quit anyway, so somewhat irrelevant.

• Judy

Were they wrong? yes. Did they do anything illegal? probably not.