Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Spiritually Speaking, What's Your Most Hated Common Phrase?

Yes, I actually mean relevant to religion. It can't be some random phrase like "You Only Live Once". (I do hate that though)

The one I HATE, HATE HATE, is when people talk about someone and all the things that make them a good person and include one of the things that make them moral as being "Christian".

Ex: "Oh he/she's a good, well mannered Christian boy/girl!" This phrase kills me inside more than it should. On the news this morning, they were interviewing a woman, and in it, she was listing off a bunch of good aspects about her son and I was thinking, "Wow! He's a nice kid!". All of a sudden, the woman mentioned that her son being Christian made him good. I don't blame the news station since it was the opinion of the woman and it was live, but I HATED it so much!

Also, on the Nickelodeon show "Sam and Cat" (yes I watch that problem?), the writers made a stereotypical good boy and showed his goodness by his love of reading the Bible. The hell? It's a privately owned company, so they can do what they want, but it made me MAD!

I've talked LONG enough. The reason I hate that so much is because it insists Christians are the only ones with morals. I'm pretty sure no one bothered to read that. Oh well, what's yours? Same?

All of these are so painful!

Except you Bill. Except you...

Favorite Answer

"The kid died in agony of leukemia because god works in mysterious ways."

I didn't used to notice it very much, but a lot of people say the f word in every other word when they're talking.

It's really annoying after 20 years.

• old

When the President of the United States ends a speech with the bullshit words "god bless america". He makes America a laughing stock when he does that.

Most Hated Common Phrase: "Spiritually Speaking"

What does it mean??

"Hate the sin. love the sinner"

I have a ready middle finger for that phrase when I hear it.

"I have faith in you."

People only ever say that when they are trying to get you to do something.

I'll pray for you. ***** I DONT NEED NOR DO I WANT YOUR PRAYERS, Tell ya what I'll THINK for you

"You've just got to have faith"

Like that carries any weight?

Jesus died for your sins.

What nonsense.