Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Spiritually Speaking, What's Your Most Hated Common Phrase?

Yes, I actually mean relevant to religion. It can't be some random phrase like "You Only Live Once". (I do hate that though)

The one I HATE, HATE HATE, is when people talk about someone and all the things that make them a good person and include one of the things that make them moral as being "Christian".

Ex: "Oh he/she's a good, well mannered Christian boy/girl!" This phrase kills me inside more than it should. On the news this morning, they were interviewing a woman, and in it, she was listing off a bunch of good aspects about her son and I was thinking, "Wow! He's a nice kid!". All of a sudden, the woman mentioned that her son being Christian made him good. I don't blame the news station since it was the opinion of the woman and it was live, but I HATED it so much!

Also, on the Nickelodeon show "Sam and Cat" (yes I watch that problem?), the writers made a stereotypical good boy and showed his goodness by his love of reading the Bible. The hell? It's a privately owned company, so they can do what they want, but it made me MAD!

I've talked LONG enough. The reason I hate that so much is because it insists Christians are the only ones with morals. I'm pretty sure no one bothered to read that. Oh well, what's yours? Same?

Update:

All of these are so painful!

Except you Bill. Except you...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"The kid died in agony of leukemia because god works in mysterious ways."

• 6 years ago

I didn't used to notice it very much, but a lot of people say the f word in every other word when they're talking.

It's really annoying after 20 years.

• old
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

When the President of the United States ends a speech with the bullshit words "god bless america". He makes America a laughing stock when he does that.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Most Hated Common Phrase: "Spiritually Speaking"

What does it mean??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

"Hate the sin. love the sinner"

I have a ready middle finger for that phrase when I hear it.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

"I have faith in you."

People only ever say that when they are trying to get you to do something.

• 6 years ago

I'll pray for you. ***** I DONT NEED NOR DO I WANT YOUR PRAYERS, Tell ya what I'll THINK for you

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

"You've just got to have faith"

Like that carries any weight?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Jesus died for your sins.

What nonsense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.