Questions about Yahoo Answers anyone?

I am quite new to this so I have quite some questions, please bare with me.. First of all, how is best answer percentage work? is it a simple logarithm just dividing best answers over total answer? because I have seen a top contributor with 50+% top answer which ment that he/she has answered 10k+ top answer from... show more I am quite new to this so I have quite some questions, please bare with me..

First of all, how is best answer percentage work? is it a simple logarithm just dividing best answers over total answer? because I have seen a top contributor with 50+% top answer which ment that he/she has answered 10k+ top answer from the total 20k+, which is quite a lot dont you agree?

When you get a top contributor badge, does it ever go away if that person is inactive or they nominate a new top contributor every week? (which ment the badge will switch and jump around to other person that has contributed the most in that catagory)

How does best answer awarded? If the asker does not choose the best answer, and when someone has voted, when does that goes into effect as the best answer (after how long?) or does it even goes into it at all?

How about an answer with word play? I have an answer flagged down previously and I was quite baffled to why, its something like this:
Q: Is it legal to get a gun in (forgot which state), if so, how?
A: Yes, get a blowgun. (in which community guideline does this answer offend?)

Where is the noticifation area? I have followed a question wanting to know any updates but I dont seems to see any notification even after the question has been voted.

If I follow someone, what does it exacly ment? does I get notification of every answer that person has given? If so where do I see it?

How do I look for questions that is exactly 2 days old? because I have notice the best answering time seems to be in the first day or the first few hours, this causes people to repost as I have seen people posting the same questions within minutes of each other just so they can get some answers.

What is rating questions?

What is reference state? can people add answers or edit?

What is voting state? can people add answer or edit?

These are some of the questions that I can think of, but if there is any info that you guys think I might need to know feel free to tell.. Thx guys..
Update: Thx Rev for that generous answer. =D
yea it took some time to think of all these questions too..
I'd imagine the pain for you to scroll up and down to answer them..
1 answer 1