Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 6 years ago

ford fusion owners: how many miles on electric are you really getting?

Ford Fusion EVERGI owners, i am looking to lease sometime this week but need to do a little more research as well.

I would like to know, how many miles are you getting on electric alone?

how many times a month or if not month, every three months do you fill up on gas?

after what mph does the electric stop working and then work off gasoline as well?

any other things i should know i am interested in.

I am looking at taking on a lease payment of 330 per month. if i'm looking at only filling up on gas every three months or less this car sounds like its the winner.

all information is appreciated, but please remember i am talking about the ENERGI not the hybrid.

Ashleigh

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The electric-only range is about 20 miles, beyond that the gas engine is required and when it's running you can expect to get about 40 MPG. The car can go up to 85 MPH in electric-only mode, but obviously with a 20 mile range in EV mode, the battery won't last very long at those speeds. Also when locked in EV mode, performance is blunted considerably. Using the heater or A/C will reduce the electric-only range as well.

"I am looking at taking on a lease payment of 330 per month. if i'm looking at only filling up on gas every three months or less this car sounds like its the winner. "

You're going to have to put down or/and have trade worth about $6300 in order to get that kind of lease, you're looking at about 10,500 miles a year with that lease. Also it will be for the base SE model with a few extras. The loaded Titanium model with nav, heated seats, upgraded stereo, etc. will require a down payment and/or trade in of about $8000 to get you to $330 a month (again with a 10,500 mile a year limit for a two year lease) if you want a higher mileage limit or a longer term lease, then you're going to have to put more down.

To put this into perspective, you will be paying about $14400 for 21,000 miles. or about 68.5 cents a mile, not including fuel costs, and remember when your lease is over, you will have nothing to show for that $14400. You will definitely not be saving any money going this route vs. buying a 3 year old non-hybrid Fusion or comparable vehicle. For comparison sake, if someone bought a 2008 BMW 328i (new in 2008), put 40k miles over 4 years on it and then sold it, even with the upkeep and fuel costs of the BMW, that person would still be paying a little less than you're going to paying on a per-mile cost basis (which is what you should be looking at ). That's how badly you're going to get hosed on this lease deal.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

GO FUSION! I have a 2011 Sport AWD. But, i wanted to tell you that you are making the PERFECYT desicion by buying a Fusion. Fusion's are awesome. DOnt get toyota or honda, nissan, kia, or any of that junk.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.