why do people still complain and fuss about the confederate flag?? read details below?

Okay the confederate flag is not racists at all and if you think it is then go educate yourself cause its not it may have been used by the KKK and other racists groups but that doesn't make it racists

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree. The flag is a symbol of your pride for the south. It is not a symbol of the past ideals the KKK and other racist had.

I honestly don't know why people make such a big deal out of it either.

I don't mind seeing a person with the flag hanging. I just hope that person does not support the ideals the racist who flew that flag once and probably still do have.

Only clothing that had a offensive symbol was the KKK standard uniform.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Blue
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Yeah! And why do people still complain and fuss about the swastica? Okay, the swastica is not racist or evil, and if you think it is then go educate yourself cause it's not, it actually stands for hope and has been around long before the Nazis. Are you against hope? It may have been used by the Nazis but that doesn't make it racist and evil.

Taylor, I know you mean well. But you should consider that some things that are not inherently racist or evil are still offensive and symbols of oppression when taken in context of history, such as the Swastica. There are state laws all over the US that outlaw the wearing of Nazi paraphernalia, even by those who are descendents of Nazi soldiers. Wearing the Confederate flag is not banned, but it's met with disgust not because of what it means on its own, but because of what it once stood for in context of history - the de-unification of the United States, and also a pro-slavery nation.

• 6 years ago

You're right a Christian Saint designed that flag. My friends daughter was in history class and the teacher let them pick a history project and she did one on the Confederate flag and the principal kicked her out of school and he was black, it was ridiculous.

• 6 years ago

Some people are not very smart like the first poster who makes the statement about the flags design. Obviously he hasn't the slightest clue.. But, if they didn't have the flag to complain about they would find another scapegoat for their insecurities. Ultimately one day they will complain that we have light skin and will want to do something about that. Wait and see.

skin or even light skin and will want to do something about that. Wait and see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

The flag symbolized people who were revolting

against the legitimate American government

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The confederate flag symbolizes racism and treason against America. For lord's sake it was DESIGNED FOR THAT VERY PURPOSE.

History gives symbols their meaning, you can't just say "oh it doesn't mean that because I don't want it to."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.