Is this computer good for gaming?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ult...

I'm not very good with computers but I was wondering if this would be good for gaming? I'm looking to play games such as Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite.

Best Answer

No, that computer is completely s.h.i.t, and now to explain why. They put FX 4300 because it's bad and it's only 10$ cheaper than 6300 which is 40% better, so they are getting rid of it. GPU, oh my god. Gpu is very, I MEAN, very bad. There is no chance that you'll play Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite on that GPU, not even on low, just to prove my point my old HD 3878 from 2007 is better in gaming than 610. They put a VERY bad Motherboard. And one last thing, power supply. Oh I would be scared to turn that pc on because power supply is so bad that it could blow away the entire pc. And ,still , it's overpriced. Here take a look at this link http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20O1U It's part by part site that is guide how to make yourself your own PC, those part are same as that in your link (Even better, quality materboard and good power supply) for 200$ less! My advice build your own rig, it's fun and easy and you will get 50% better pc for your money.

Look at my 500$ build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20OKV

It's... I can't say how many times better. GPU Blows away 610, literally let's just say if 610 is 3 7850 is 9. It can run all modern games on ultra settings. CPU is 6300 instead of 4300 which I already mentioned. Better RAM, better disk (Quality build) and what is almost most important decent PSU, this one will hold you for long time and wont blow your system. Simple math. Get mine and build it yourself

Source(s): Over 10 years of building custom rigs and a hardcore gamer

Don't listen to JG, this computer is a complete ripoff if your planning to game on it. First it runs on a gt610, which is the LOWEST end gpu Nvidia makes, it will barely run bioshock infinite much less Skyrim. Second it runs on a fx 4300, which is also AMD's lowest end CPU. A utter ripoff, DO NOT BUY FOR GAMING PERIOD.

you either have to pay more for a better prebuilt ex: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_750...

or build one yourself. It is not as daunting as you may think (I have built several); just youtubing the steps is all you need. A $600 custom built pc will completely DESTROY any prebuilt setup at the same price, and looking at the cyberpower pc's even beat some $1000 setups.

Regarding Luka's pc build, it is really very good, but I have some changes, I swapped the case and gpu, the case is great but going for a more budget case allows you to get a better gpu: you can now max Skyrim, Battlfield 3, and Bioshock infinite

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20PW7

for $490, not only you save more money, but buy windows from reddit softwareswap for $30 and you have an amazing $520 build

Mmm.... Now, the CPU, first of all, is quite weak. Gaming build needs a strong CPU to support everything else. So, you can ask them (or do it your self and sell the FX-4200) to upgrade te CPU to an FX-8350, when you can get smashing performance!

The Graphics Card is very weak, too. The bare minimum now days is a GTX 650 Ti, but with a good build, a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 760, HD 7870 or R9 280X are the best choices for good price:performance gaming.

If both of these are out of your budget, do some more research on FX-8000 series CPUs and find one for a good price. If the GPU is too expensive, then you can get a reference car (they are usually carss with 1 fan and basic design) or stick to a lower card, like a GTX 650 Ti boost.

P.S. An SSD can be added for very fast boot-up and program loading, but the amount of GBs compared to a traditional hard drive is a lot smaller. (These can still be put together, so you an hve both)

Also ask them: "If the power supply is more than 650W and is 80+ certified".

$50 GPU and $100 CPU, not the best. If you're on a tight budget, you could build a better one. If you don't want to build one, this one will be ok. The hardware in this computer won't be able to keep up with modern day games for long though.

Looks as if the specs are up to par for modern gaming. But the price is worrisome, its to cheap for the specs, it probably got cheaper chinese grade hardware that has the partial capability of the real thing, in other words, for 500$ get it :)

Yes, it is a great PC. I would buy if I were you. This way more than Skyrim or Bioshock. I can say, it could play GTA:V when it come to PC, without any problem. The specs are really great.

the graphics are pretty weak ... tack on a 2-300$ videocard and it would be better ..