Belly button piercing?

Hi :)

I'm just curious to find out from someone who may have more knowledge on this topic,I had my piercing in for a number of years before I decided to remove it and opt for a more natural look. Its been about 4 years now and the hole has never fully closed,I can't fit jewelry through it any longer but it still has the open hole appearance. Is this normal and will it ever completely close up? Same goes for my "madonna" piercing which I removed about 1yr ago now :) Any info welcome

Thanks xx

Favorite Answer

Well I had a septum piercing and I had the same problem but I just used vitamin E oil on the opening and occasionally held the hole together and it eventually closed, not sure if it'll work the same on belly piercings.

It depends. I've had mine pierced literally 3 times. (Was young and didn't get it professionaly the 1st 2 times). Anyways the second one for some reason closed but the 1 I have now wont close n neither my 1st so now I have 1 scar n 2 fugly holes lol. I think it's better to wear something in the hole rather having a hole in ur belly:) be careful putting it back in for good it might stretch n get infected that's why i took mine out n now can't even use one:(

After four years, in my opinion I don't think it will ever completely close up no.