Do atheists get mad when George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" plays on the radio?

Best Answer

Why should I? There is plenty of religious music I enjoy from many different religions. The people who did get mad were the Bright Tunes Music Corporation who had, in 1962, released "He's So Fine" written by Ronald Mack and sung by the Chiffons. The tune of "My Sweet Lord" was deemed to be plagiarised from "He's So Fine".

• Jose

That song is directed to Hare Krishna, not to The Lord of Lords and King of Kings, Jesus the Son of God. I do not get mad I just turn it off, why would I sing and call that demon spirit behind Hare Krishna my Lord? .

• and after George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord", John Lennon's "Imagine" will play and atheists will become satisfied once again.

• 1.0

Not really. At least it's not more Christian music. Someone singing about Lord Krishna is a change of pace.

• Lance

Atheists believe (or should believe) that others are entitled to their beliefs as well. Therefore a song like "My Sweet Lord" shouldn't make them angry.

That's a Hare Krishna song - it should make Christians mad too.

dats like askin if christians get mad when watchin a bill nye the sciene guy video about the big bang theroy ;)

• C C

No. Do theists get mad when their churches use Microsoft?

(Bill & Melinda Gates are two of the biggest atheists around!)

• Not at all. But we get quite the chubby when Lennon's Imagine comes on.

Yeah I'm sure we're just like your uneducated caricatures of us. I mean we couldn't be reasonable people who just don't believe in gods, could we?