Do atheists get mad when George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" plays on the radio?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

Why should I? There is plenty of religious music I enjoy from many different religions. The people who did get mad were the Bright Tunes Music Corporation who had, in 1962, released "He's So Fine" written by Ronald Mack and sung by the Chiffons. The tune of "My Sweet Lord" was deemed to be plagiarised from "He's So Fine".

• Jose
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

That song is directed to Hare Krishna, not to The Lord of Lords and King of Kings, Jesus the Son of God. I do not get mad I just turn it off, why would I sing and call that demon spirit behind Hare Krishna my Lord? .

• and after George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord", John Lennon's "Imagine" will play and atheists will become satisfied once again.

Lv 7
    6 years ago

Not really. At least it's not more Christian music. Someone singing about Lord Krishna is a change of pace.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lance
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Atheists believe (or should believe) that others are entitled to their beliefs as well. Therefore a song like "My Sweet Lord" shouldn't make them angry.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

That's a Hare Krishna song - it should make Christians mad too.

• 6 years ago

dats like askin if christians get mad when watchin a bill nye the sciene guy video about the big bang theroy ;)

• C C
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

No. Do theists get mad when their churches use Microsoft?

(Bill & Melinda Gates are two of the biggest atheists around!)

• Not at all. But we get quite the chubby when Lennon's Imagine comes on.

• 6 years ago

Yeah I'm sure we're just like your uneducated caricatures of us. I mean we couldn't be reasonable people who just don't believe in gods, could we?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.