Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

State inspection in the state of texas?

Does anyone know of which inspection stations in Denton County, Texas run emissions tests and do not run emissions tests?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • john h
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If the county you live in requires the emissions test, it will have to be done regardless of where you go. I was visiting in Lewisville and needed an inspection, but my county of residence does not require the emissions test and I had to drive to Gainesville to get inspected. I could have had it inspected here in Lewisville, but the guy at the inspection place told me it was still going to cost me the $30-$40 whatever it was. Gainesville..$14.50. So it will depend on what county your vehicle is registered in as to what inspection you will have to get.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The following vehicles need to undergo emissions testing:

1. The rules for emissions testing are different in different counties. The following counties require vehicles to undergo emissions testing: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso counties.

2. All gasoline powered vehicles need to undergo emissions testing.

3. All vehicles from 2 through 24 years old need to carry out emissions testing. Even upon expiration of the 2 year initial inspection sticker the test needs to be conducted

• Unp
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

serious

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.