Buying accessories for AR15?

Just bought a Ar-15 last week. So far i have not yet had a chance to take it to the range but i have bought a MBUS Rear sight. Was wondering if anyone recommended any particular bipod, scopes, sights, etc. The gun is a Del-Ton Echo 316 OD Green with magpul. It has a Flat Top with M4 Feed Ramps.

Best Answer

If I owned it, I would buy a carrying handle for it, lots of ammunition and practice until I could shoot it well using the iron sights.

Since you'll probably never shoot it at a target more than 100 yards away, all the other crap you mentioned is a waste of money. ANYBODY should be able to throw a 3" group with an AR-15 at 100 yards with very little effort.

I would leave it with the flip-ups and call it done. There's no reason to tacti-crap and go all mall-ninja with your AR.

If you want to do something else, get a sling.

If you want to try to shoot far with it (that really isn't the AR to do it with, but w/e), then get a SWFA SS and a Harris Bipod.

Keep it minimal.

• Mr.357

Harris is the standard for bipods.

• Rabbit

A foreward grip always nice to have, even a cheap 10 dollar one, angled to if it fits