Can you eat marinade with raw chicken?

I marinaded some raw chicken with bell peppers and onions and bbq sauce overnight in the fridge. I used the crockpot (slow cooker) to cook it today on the low setting for about 8-1- hours. I am concerned that the peppers and onions have absorbed the juices from the raw chicken and may not be safe to eat. Slow cookers don't cook with high temperature, so I don't know if all the bacteria will be killed.

My wife is pregnant and I would hate for her to get sick. Should I toss the peppers and onions or are they also safe to eat?

*8-10 hours

I cooked the marinade (including onions and peppers) with the chicken in the crockpot

Favorite Answer

you cooked the marinade with the chicken?

IF the chicken is safe the peppers and onions that cooked with it certainly are safe.

Do the juices in the crock pot boil?? Most all do. That is 212 degrees....way hotter than it needs to be to kill salmonella.

ALL crock pots cook plenty hot enough to kill salmonella...if the chicken registers 165 degrees, salmonella is killed, the chicken is cooked and your veggies are safe.

EDIT: People, he cooked the pepper and onion marinade along with the chicken in the crock pot...of course they are then safe...as is the chicken...its COOKED!

As long as the marinade is cooked, it is safe to eat

H'man

Have you tried Eating for Energy (120 raw food diet recipes) system? Go here : http://stayeatingraw.com/Access . This might completely guide everyone!

Not all bacteria is killed by bacteria and not all chicken contains salmonella or other bacteria. Chances are goof that the chicken and veggies are safe to eat. However, I don't think I would chance a pregnant women eating this chicken. Toss it and order Pizza.

• ?

Everything in the pot is safe to eat, if anything is. It's all cooked, if it's cooked/done.

toss the peppers and onions. when in doubt be safe.

marinades should be discarded in any case.