Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 6 years ago

My sons grandmother thinks its not ok for my son to drink cold milk or juice ?

Alright so my son will be one year in 2 weeks and I want to start giving him his milk cold/ room temp. because When we go places we can't always warm it up & my sons grandmother thinks giving him cold milk or colf anything in the winter will make him sick. Is it ok for me to give my One year old cold milk in the winter ??

• Ribbon
    Favorite Answer

The reason why you would never give cold formula to an infant 0-6 months old is because babies have a harder time regulating body temperature, and even something like cold milk could potentially cool off their bodies too much. (Sort of the opposite of when you drink a hot cup of coffee and you can feel your insides warming up.)

At a year old your son can consume cold beverages and it won't affect their body temperature the same way it would have 6 months ago. It will not make him sick. Such a ridiculous statement!

Being cold doesn't make you sick. Being cold lowers your immune system's ability to fight off disease and infection though, and the immunity of a child is not fully developed, hence why kids get sick so easily all the time. As long as your dress your child properly when going outdoors and your child is eating a balanced diet, don't worry about the temperature of the food or drink.

• Corina

It is perfectly fine ....