what is the definition of soon?

Favorite Answer

According to google

adverb 1.in or after a short time. "everyone will soon know the truth"

synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by; informalpronto, in (less than) no time, in no time (at all), in a jiffy, in two shakes, in two shakes of a lamb's tail, before you can say Jack Robinson; informalsharpish, in a tick, in two ticks; dateddirectly; archaicanon; literaryere long

"she'll be there soon". early. "how soon can you get here?"

synonyms: early, quickly, promptly, speedily, punctually;

2.used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter. "I'd just as soon Tim did it"

synonyms: rather, by preference, preferably, from/by choice, more willingly, more readily; if I had my druthers

"I would sooner stay"

soon (sn). adv. soon·er, soon·est. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/soon

1. In the near future; shortly.

2. Without hesitation; promptly: came as soon as possible.

3. Before the usual or appointed time; early.

4. With willingness; readily: I'd as soon leave right now.

5. Obsolete Immediately.

Idioms: no sooner than. As soon as: No sooner was the frost off the ground than the work began.

sooner or later. At some time; eventually: Sooner or later you will have to face the facts.

the near future. near is a relative term, so "soon" is also relative. What is exactly intended or meant depends on context.

I'll be hungry soon means a much shorter time span than I need to find a job soon.

an indefinite time in the future.

• Mircat

www.dictionary.com