Nurse-patient relationship after hospital?

K...so I have been sick for 2 years now, I'm 16(girl) and my gut does and kidneys don't work well. Anyway for the past year and half I have spent around 7 months accumulated time inpatient on a pediatric floor. Well, I have developed extremely close relationships with some of the nurses there, one in... show more K...so I have been sick for 2 years now, I'm 16(girl) and my gut does and kidneys don't work well. Anyway for the past year and half I have spent around 7 months accumulated time inpatient on a pediatric floor. Well, I have developed extremely close relationships with some of the nurses there, one in particular. I'm doing waay better now, but for a few months doctors were at a loss and I was getting sicker and sicker. There is one nurse who's taken care of me like 50 times and she was with me through everything. I found, by chance, her FB profile a while back, but have yet to friend her. I know there are quiet of few formalities and I don't want to put pressure on her, if it's not allowed.

Let me first give you a glimpse into the bond we, cause if I tried staying in contact with all my nurse friends, I'd have 100s of them.
I know we will never forget each other. She always gave me hugs, held my hand while I was in pain, wiped tears from my eyes, cheered me when I was sad, stood up for me, always believed in me, held onto my dreams when I was to sick to dream, she once carried me from the hallway after collapsing, cleaned up some crazy messes.....we spent 2 memorial days together, one July fourth, one Thanksgiving, one Christmas, we brought the new year in(2013).... we painted a few times together, shared songs with each other, we laughed tons together....I'd cry every time if had to leave(even though I loved being home), I had to be at another hospital for treatment(brought me back to life, thank God) and when we saw each other again, we both started crying.
So you get that we are very close, no matter if we don't have any contact outside of the hospital. I've know her over a 1 1/2 and I would have -never-, I mean -never- made it through without her. She always tells me I have to come eat lunch with her someday(my GI track went into failure and I couldn't eat for months), so I'm going to go back a see her someday, but I just don't know if I'd be putting to much on her if I tried to connect through social media.
Okay, I'm done....what do you think?
1 answer 1