I need some book suggestions?

I love fiction but I think I want to read some nonfiction. I am interested in astronomy, science, history, and mythology. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Spike
    Favorite Answer

How about any of these books. IF you need info on any of the stuff listed, you can look them up at Barnes and Noble(bn.com) and Amazon.com.

Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis by Robert F. Kennedy and Foreword by Arthur Meier Schlesinger

All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward

The Final Days by Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward

The CIA's Black Ops: Covert Action, Foreign Policy and Democracy by John Jacob Nutter

Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency by James Bamford

Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House by Valerie Plame Wilson

The Company We Keep: A Husband-and-Wife True-Life Spy Story by Robert Baer And Dayna Baer

MI6: Inside the Covert World of Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service by Stephen Dorril

The Man Who Never Was: World War II's Boldest Counter-Intelligence Operation by Ewen Montagu

Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory by Ben Macintyre

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb

Women of Steel: Female Bodybuilders and the Struggle for Self-Definition by Maria R. Lowe

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess by Lou Schuler with Cassandra Forsythe and Alwyn Cosgrove

The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story by Richard Preston

Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory by Michael C. Carroll

How It Ends: From You to the Universe by Chris Impey

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich

Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich

Scratch Beginnings: Me, $25, and the Search for the American Dream by Adam W. Shepard

The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz

Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos: 10 Strategies for Stepping Up to Success and Satisfaction at Work by Lynette Lewis

The Money Smart Family System: Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age by Steve & Annette Economides

The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life by Robert Trivers

They Don't Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something's Guide to the Business World by Alexandra Levit

No More Ramen: The 20-Something's Real World Survival Guide: Straight Talk on Jobs, Money, Balance, Life, and More by Nicholas Aretakis

There's More to Life Than Making a Living: Mastering Six Key Essentials on the Way to a Life of Significance by Jack C. McDowell with Phil Needham

Hope it helps.

If you like historical warfare, try Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. Incredible book. Masterfully written and it gives an accurate representation of the battle of Thermoplye, unlike the film 300...

Also, consider the Patrick O'Brian series. I'll honestly admit I have no idea if the books are fiction or loosely based on real characters, but you would think they're non-fiction in any case. It's difficult to explain why here, so I suggest finding a plot overview and sampling the writing style. It's amazing down to the last detail.

Dear Mom: A Sniper's Vietnam

It's a really good book, written by a sniper that served in, I think, the Marines during the Vietnam war. It's all true too. So, I think that fits in the history category.

The Master of Disguise

It's basically the book that the movie Argo was based on, which was a joint C.I.A. and Canadian operation. I thought it was pretty good, despite a few "historical inaccuracies".

every thought about writing a story about the life of yourselfnbecause autobiographies are somewhat of a rising genre

go to these links

www.listmuse.com/best-books-top-100-nonfiction.php

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_children's_non-fiction_writers

oedb.org/ilibrarian/100-all-time-greatest-popular-science-books/