Has Y&R gone into a different direction?

Even though "The Young and the Restless" has been the number one soap on daytime TV for over the last 2 decades, the ratings have taken a dip lately. Following the departure of longtime fan fave Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) and the passing of the legendary Jeanne Cooper (Katherine), I've felt that the... show more Even though "The Young and the Restless" has been the number one soap on daytime TV for over the last 2 decades, the ratings have taken a dip lately. Following the departure of longtime fan fave Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) and the passing of the legendary Jeanne Cooper (Katherine), I've felt that the show had kinda lost its vulnerability and some of the viewers did not agree with the recent storylines. But with a new head writing team joining Y&R very soon, I think it would be time for the show to go back to its roots by focusing on the relationships between the veteran characters and the younger ones to show the fans the importance of family and love. What are your thoughts????????
15 answers 15