Is dating for gay men dangerous?

Is the supply of open and available gay men so low and hidden that, men will take dangerous risk? Such as dating or having sexual relations with questionable gay men with shady back grounds or stay in abusive relationships.

Are very young gay men (16+) a target of older gay men wanting to take advantage of them? Do lesbians have the same problems?

----

I ask because if gays are sparse and coming out is so hard, a young gay man could easily fall victim to a seedy gay man who could take advantage of them.

I'm not asking about straight girls, am I. So are you saying that there is no problem, because straight people have the problem too?

• Bdb37
    Favorite Answer

they can and do

but some gays enjoy what they refer to as sexual freedom. but then they advertise on craigslist for anonymous sex NOW

no condoms no strings attached and no questions

some are a little more secure in the knowledge that deliberately passing on HIV is a murder sentence by law.

but there is still syphilis and hepatitis to worry about as well

both can be deadly and the latter incurable

remain cautious but not paranoid. just take the time to get to know someone before you have sex

I met my guy with a matchmaking service. just be honest about everything and don't divulge finances or give loans to guys you aren't living with

I guess you've always lived off-planet and have never heard of dangers that face straight GIRLS.

Whether there are many out gay men around, mostly depends on where one lives.

ANY young person can fall victim to seedy older people taking advantage.

Not if you don't live in and don't associate with "questionable society." Most all of my gay friends are professional people, well educated and quite well-off. And in this very gay-friendly city there's no reason to be anything but out. You get into more trouble staying in the closet. It's having to hide your sexuality that can put you in touch with "questionables."

No. Today, there are numerous ways to meet other gay guys, especially through the internet, which may protect your identity. Don't fear running out of men, there are plenty of fish in the ocean.