Anonymous

My dad says I cant go because he has a "bad feeling" about it?

I was planning on going to a concert with my dad or older sister and a friend. But now I cant go because my dad says he has a "bad feeling" about the concert? Its about an hour away from where i live and during my winter break. The only factor stopping me from going is his "bad feeling". I even offered to pay for my own ticket. I was really determined on going. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

I would say listen to your dad...but you wouldn't accept that.

I have been to a few concerts back in the 90s when I was a teenager. I will tell you now that there is quite a few bad things go on at concerts. I am not trying to scare you, but unless you are going with a group of people not just a couple of people, I wouldn't recommend going.

There has always been an issue at concerts with the same exact things. Not every one is there for the music.

You usually have a group of people surfing the crowd together picking out girls that are with few or no people and raping them in the crowd or pulling them away when they seem more isolated. You hear very little about stuff like this because they are usually paid off by the production company of the concert so there is no bad hype. I personally witnessed a girl get grabbed and dragged into a group of people and by the time that security was able to make it through the crowd, the girl already suffered a fate worse then death.

This is not the only thing that goes on either. There are people who peddle drugs and give you a sample with out you even knowing. There are also people who like to mickey girls drinks and abduct them for a few hours where they won't remember anything.

So, again I say that if you are not going with a group of people, and have a safety net set up for every one, then you should not be attending.

i assume then he and your older sister arent going then coz of his bad feeling, if they are still going then thats a bit harsh, i mean is it a death metal concert or Insane Clown show? Not sure how old you are but i have been going to concerts since i was 12 and never had anything bad happen (yes i saw some bad things but they left me alone)

when i first read ya question it did sound like he wanted to ditch you for the night so unless he and ya sister are also not going then i would say it doesnt sound right

There will be many many concerts. his bad feeling may just be true and something horrible may happen at the concert or on the way there. what if a massacre happens at the concert or a car crash on the way, or you get lost? it will be for the best

if nothing happens, be proud you have a father that cares so much. he wouldn't want you to stay just to make you mad would he?

He probably just doesn't want you to go. Try ask him to be more specific or reconsider why he wouldn't like you to go. Is the artist you want to see in any way inappropriate for your age? That's your best bet really.

If he persists on not allowing you, just listen to him. More concerts will come up and you wont need permission eventually :)

Sometimes you just need to obey what your parents say. It's hard to convince them sometimes. Ask him why he has a bad feeling. Ask him what he thinks is going to happen. Tell him you are old enough and responsible enough (not sure how old you are but i'm assuming in your teens) and you have enough money to buy your own ticket. Tell him you really wanted to go.

You should value and respect your dad's instinct more than your wish to to the concert. Don't go.

I swear every time my dad has a "bad feeling" and doesn't let me do something or go somewhere wherever I was gonna go something bad happens wherever it is that I wanted to go parents have a 6 sense it's freak ing scary

He's listening to his parental instincts you should trust him there will be other concerts. A mother's and a father's motherly/fatherly instincts are usually correct.

Sounds like you have a loving and caring dad, do what he asks, he may be right