How would you compare Condoleezza Rice to Myrlie Evers-Williams?

I have to a report comparing two famous Americans so I picked Condoleezza Rice, and Myrlie Evers- Williams. They are similar in ways but I'm not sure on what else to compare them to. Was Myrlie ever a teacher? Did Condoleezza ever help with civil rights?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The only comparison is that both of them are Afro American females and all comparisons end there. They are both from different generations.

Myrlie Evers-Williams (born March 17, 1933) is a civil rights activist and journalist who worked for over three decades to seek justice for the murder of her civil rights activist husband Medgar Evers in 1963. She was also chairwoman of the NAACP, and published several books on topics related to civil rights and her husband’s legacy. She however was never a teacher.

Condoleezza Rice (born November 14, 1954) is an American political scientist and diplomat. She was never a civil rights activist. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State, and was the second person to hold that office in the administration of President George W. Bush. Rice was the first female African-American secretary of state, as well as the second African American (after Colin Powell), and the second woman (after Madeleine Albright). Rice was President Bush's National Security Advisor during his first term, making her the first woman to serve in that position.

In March 2009, Rice returned to Stanford University as a political science professor and the Thomas and Barbara Stephenson Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution. In September 2010, Rice became a faculty member of the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a director of its Global Center for Business and the Economy.

• 7 years ago

Definite.

No Question.

Condoleeza Rice. The other one looks like my granny.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.