Moving. Can I pack anything in my baskets?

I am finishing packing for a move, and have A LOT of baskets (not the kind with lids). I'm kind of an organizational freak, so now that I'm looking at what I own, I realized just how many baskets I own lol. I am running low on boxes, and before I buy more, I was thinking some things could be packed in the... show more I am finishing packing for a move, and have A LOT of baskets (not the kind with lids). I'm kind of an organizational freak, so now that I'm looking at what I own, I realized just how many baskets I own lol. I am running low on boxes, and before I buy more, I was thinking some things could be packed in the larger baskets and put them on top of everything else in the moving truck. I was thinking I could put my office supplies/papers and maybe my pots and pans (wrapped so they don't bang together) in them since those things aren't breakable. I also have some breakable items individually wrapped in small boxes (like shoe boxes) and I was also thinking about putting all the small boxes in baskets to keep them together and make less trips in and out to the moving van. Would that work? I haven't ever moved cross country before (or rented a moving van) so I don't really know if packing stuff like that and traveling a long distance would potentially cause it to tip over and stuff to fall out?
1 answer 1