what does it mean to seek the kingdom of God in a democratic capitalist economy? How can it be done?

• Mercy
    Favorite Answer

With great difficulty, as this is a materialistic society. Success is measured by THINGS and money/jobs. What is important to God has nothing to do with those things.

WE know that all that we have comes from Him and is entrusted to us to do good with.

Seeking the kingdom of God:

In teaching his disciples to seek the kingdom of God, Jesus instructed them to trust their heavenly Father to not only freely give them what they needed most, forgiveness of sins and deliverance from the evil one, but also to meet their earthly needs.

What will I eat? How will I pay the bills? How will I have a happy marriage? How will I have a successful career? Everyone seems to be preoccupied with these kinds of concerns, but Jesus calmed his disciples by giving them a higher purpose. He told them not to worry about their needs in this world, but to instead seek God's kingdom, having the promise that their heavenly Father would then also meet all those needs: "...do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well" (Matt 6:31-33, RSV).

It requires some deep thinking. It will determine your path in life. Do some reading. :)

https://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie...

The kingdom of God is also about love, kindness, forgiveness, etc* - so the Christian should worship God and model their life after Jesus, so that they end up in heaven.

* of course, the opposite is lying, cheating, deceiving, not loving your neighbor, etc

God knows people have to work to make their daily bread; but they need to do so in a way that is pleasing to God (honors and respects God and his principles). {Apostle Paul has sections of instruction and direction on this subject.} [Solomon had things to say about how to be a good worker/producer; and he was also against laziness.]

Source(s): Allah told me. {Uououohh, I am going to heck for that one.}