"The giraffe challenge" on facebook?

My friend posted this on facebook:

I have had to change my profile picture to a giraffe. I tried to answer a riddle and got it wrong! Try the giraffe challenge!! The deal is I give you a riddle, you get it right, you get to keep your profile picture, get it wrong and you change your profile picture to a giraffe for the next 3 days!!!

MESSAGE ME ONLY SO YOU DON'T GIVE OUT THE ANSWER!!!

Here is the riddle: it's 3am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors!! It's your parents and they are here for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese.

What is the first thing you open? Remember, only message me the answer - if you get it right I'll post your name here, if not, I'll message you and you'll have to change your profile picture!

________________________________________________________

And her profile pic was a giraffe. So I messages her : "the door" ( which I'm pretty sure is the right answer) and she said : "go change youur profile pic (my name)." Notice that there is two U's in "your". It does that when your account gets hacked and it's spammed in comments and stuff. So then I said: what's the real answer then? Then she said: Lol you'll see . Then I said: I'm not changing my profile pic. Then she said: "PARTY POOPER !" Then she wouldn't answer me after that. What creeped me out was that it took about 30 -60 seconds for her to see/respond, AND it said that she wasn't even on since two hours ago. So I guess her account got hacked or something. Now I think i might get hacked. Anyone know what this is? Answers greatly appreciated.

I don't care about the answer to the riddle. I wanna know if my friend was getting hacked, because it said she wasn't on, yet she was messaging me.

Favorite Answer

I gave the same answer and my profile pic is currently a giraffe lol

The correct answer is eyes it's just abit of fun don't worry :)

Source(s): My god this question has gone crazy lol!
    • Luke1 year agoReport

nope read the whole copy paste post. the answer will be MESSENGER

My take on the Giraffe Challenge (spoilers). So here is the riddle: "3:00 am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors, It's your parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?"

Now those who don't immediately start looking back over the food order (these are the people who should have to change their profile picture to a giraffe immediately) can rest assured that they are thinking outside the box. Now the purposed correct answer is "Eyes", because you have been woken up. However! The way in which the question is asked changes the way in which it should be answered. It explains who is there, and why, so you should already have your eyes open when you learn of this information, meaning the real answer could also be, "A door". Also if you disregard the given information as not relevant or unknown at the time, then "Eyes" could be the correct answer, although so could, "Gun safe", "knife drawer", or "Closet" (hiding space). Or perhaps you only learned of the reason for the visit after you open the door to find that you have guests and their reason for being there, which means you have already opened your eyes, the gun safe/knife drawer, and the door and are now staring at your family from the back end of a weapon, or not. Perhaps then the first thing you open is your "mouth" to offer an apology or scream for an answer as to why the **** they are there at 3:00am in the first place.

• Luke1 year agoReport

nope you answer the riddle thru pm and you answer it with messenger so you open the messenger first. the rule of pming the answer is part of the riddle

It's 3am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors!! It's your parents and they are here for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese.

What is the first thing you open?

Okay Internet, here is the correct answer.

Its all about the proper tense. If the question would have referred to the past tense then the answer could be your eyes. However, the question is asked in the present tense, therefore the answer is the door since that is the only presumable thing that could be opened at that moment, that isn't one of the red herrings.

If the question would have been something like, "What did you open first?" or "What is the first thing you opened?" then your eyes could be a correct response.

However the question is in the present tense and therefore needs to be answered accordingly.

Presently, your parents are at your door, having just rang the doorbell, they have since announced they are here for breakfast and you are thinking about what items you have on hand to serve them. So the only thing that you could open would be the door to let you parents in.

"What is the first thing you open?"

The answer that your eyes were the first thing is wrong because the question is not asking you what you did in the past but what you will do in the present.

You will open the door.

Is there another version of this with the proper tense to get the answer, your eyes? Probably so, but as far as the example posted in the original thread the only possible answer is The Door.

There are two versions of this going around. The first mentions you waking up and eyes/eyelids would be correct. The second version only mentions doorbell ringing. In that case, door or whatever you are peeking through would be correct. A good point was made it says first thing, not first things.

Here is the riddle: 3:00 am, the doorbell rings! Unexpected visitors, It's your shouty, hungry parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?

The riddle narrative suggest a series of events, with the final question being at the point you know who they are, what they're here for and what's in the fridge....

It's 3am, the doorbell rings and you wake up (you wake up go to the door). Unexpected visitors!! (you know this 'cos you've opened the door) It's your parents and they are here for breakfast (you see your parents at the doorstep and they say they've come from breakfast). You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese (you open the fridge and see you have those items).

What is the first thing you open? - your personal choice so any answer from the 6 choices is correct.

• Steph

No your friend was not hacked. Its a fun riddle that is going around Facebook right now. If you get answer wrong you have to change your profile pic. I knew nothing about the riddle, so I answered wrong, and now my profile pic is a giraffe. Hope this helps. =)

So if you have to open your eyes first then how do you know it is 3:00 am and that your parents are at the door??? that should not even be a part of the riddle!

Remember guys, this is a riddle. So there is a logic here. The right answer for me is the eyes. When u have the consciousness that the bell rings, right then you will of course open your eyes. And that is the very first thing that you will do.

In the riddle they state or use "and" and "," and not "and then" which would give order

I changed my but because I argued there are different Variables, even though I did answer correctly for what you should have been doing via riddle

you could have been up - at three or before, then you would have opened the door

if you where asleep then you would open your eyes

Psychologically you would open you mind first

If you where already in the Kitchen and making food for yourself, you would open the refrigerator door to clean up

If you sleep walk, you would open the door first

And I have more but you get the idea, there must be an order given within the grammar of the sentences!

I actually answered the question as The door assuming my eyes opened when I woke up. Because I enjoy my profile pic too much, I simply tagged myself in someone else's as a compromise after a 20 minute argument.

Anyone saying anything other than eyes is wrong and doesn't understand riddles. The bit in the middle is basically filling so the question is:-

Its 3am, the doorbell rings, whats the first thing you open?