How does induction cooking compare with gas?

I have always had gas stoves in prior apartments, but we are moving into a renovated basement apartment that has no stove at all. I decided to get 2 induction single burners for stovetop cooking and we have a large convection oven I usually use over the full size oven anyways since gas is so expensive. It's... show more I have always had gas stoves in prior apartments, but we are moving into a renovated basement apartment that has no stove at all. I decided to get 2 induction single burners for stovetop cooking and we have a large convection oven I usually use over the full size oven anyways since gas is so expensive. It's just me and my husband I cook for, so I'm not too concerned about not having a full sized stove. I did take the burners out and test them by boiling water to make sure they worked, but I don't see a need to actually cook anything on them until we move since we have a real stove still.

I've heard they're most similar in how evenly/fast they cook to gas than electric, which is why I got them. I'm thinking it'll take time to get used to the buttons as opposed to a knob to control the heat, but that's a minimal concern. I did stick a magnet to all our pots and pans to make sure they were compatible (they are). And I'm also not planning on playing gormet chef, I just need to do basic, everyday cooking. Im wondering what the learning curve will be? What has your experience been with induction? Does it work pretty well? any tips? Thanks!