Ryan asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 7 years ago

After Military Health Insurance Options?

I just finished my contract in the US ARMY. I lose health care in a month. I plan on going to school using the post 9/11 GI BILL. I have over 15K in savings therefore I don't plan on working the first year. I will be renting an apartment using my savings and the housing allowance given in the post 9/11 gi bill.

It's mandatory to have health insurance at the college I am accepted to. What health care company will give me insurance. I don't work so how does this work?

Favorite Answer

You have to get health insurance from whatever company sells (not gives) insurance in the state where you will live. You can't get insurance from a company that offers it in another state. No company in the world offers health insurance in all 50 states. There are over 50 different answers, because the answer is different in every state, and sometimes even in different parts of the same state.

I would recommend one to visit this internet site where you can compare rates from different companies: http://protectionquotes.net/index.html?src=2YAcGmm...

RE :After Military Health Insurance Options?

Follow 5 answers

• ALR

Effective January 12014 you are required by The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare to enroll in health insurance through a health exchange. The university you attend may offer health insurance but the benefits are limited and you must ,the health exchange in order to qualify for the federal subsidy to help pay the premium. Since you won't be working you will qualify for 100% of the subsidy.

Go to www.healthcare.gov/what-is-the-health-insurance-marketplace/ for more information on how to enroll. There has been a lot of media coverage about the computer problems but you can also enroll by paper application and by phone.

Health care companies do not GIVE you insurance, you have to buy it. Your best bet would be to get onto the government's web site and apply for one of the health exchanges under the ACA. Otherwise, you can look into whether or not the college you plan on attending has any available. However, there are limitations on those sort of policies so you might do best on the exchanges.

If your college requires you to have insurance, they probably offer a health insurance plan. Most colleges do, even when it's not required. You can also go on the healthcare.gov exchange and purchase insurance.

• Bevan

I would recommend you to visit this site where you can get quotes from the best companies: http://insuranceforcheap.info/index.html?src=5YAqq...

Follow 6 answers

Source(s): I would recommend you to visit this site where you can get quotes from the best companies: http://insuranceforcheap.info/index.html?src=5YAqq...

It's going to be cheapest if you buy the medical plan through the college.