Champion asked in SportsTennis · 6 years ago

awhile back i was watching a tennis match venus williams and so other person..?

venus won the 1st set 6-0

but then lost the match!! LOL WTF??

can anybody explain this , i say it was fixed by vegas.....but for you who think the world is fair

give me your reasons on how this could happen ..her losing

if u can bet on it ...its rigged

Update:

dont be redickuless the whole match is in the same 2 hr period

so 1set 2nd set same **** how do u win 6-0 then los 6-3 6-2

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

Forget Venus Williams's issues . . . why don't you get that the score of one set of tennis has NOTHING to do with the score of the other sets played?

Venus has a disorder that she is learning to play with and sometimes it gets the best of her. (End of story).

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

First of all, winning the first set of a tennis match, and winning the whole match, those are two entirely different things. That's not unusual. Sometimes the player who loses the first set had a bad start and figured out what she needed to do, and made a comeback.

Or, the player who won the first set could not perform quite as well, for various reasons. If a boxer does better in the first couple of rounds in a prize fight, does that mean he's going to win the entire fight? Not necessarily.

Secondly, and more importantly, at age 33, Venus is not the dominant player that she used to be. Her current WTA ranking is #53. http://www.wtatennis.com/singles-rankings.

The players know all this, and so, Venus' opponent surely went into the match thinking that she had a good shot at winning.

Serena is the World #1. If SHE had won the first set at love and still lost the match, that would be unusual, but still not impossible. The players are human; remember that. Anything can happen :-)

• 6 years ago

Venus has an immune disorder I believe. She is not in her greatest of health and is susceptible to fatigue, injury, etc in matches.

Anything can happen in tennis. You may have the focus in the first set, but if you don't keep it up your opponent will dominate the second set. Winning the first and second set is crucial. You can not let up!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.