People make fun of me for wearing a Harry Potter/Gryffindor scarf? What should I do?

Okay so I wear a Gryffindor scarf to school because:

1. I love Harry Potter.

2. It's cold where I live.

3. It would be a waste of money if I didn't wear it.

So anyway everyday I walk into school, about 2 seconds of entering the school I have about 5 Harry Potter references at me: "5 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!!" "Did you enjoy your time at Hogwarts?" "Omg why is she wearing a Harry Potter scarf" "What the **** a Gryffindor scarf?!??!!?".

At first I didn't mind it, but now it's getting annoying, I guess it's my fault in a way because I'm making myself an easy target, because nobody else in my school would dare wear a Gryffindor scarf, but why can't people mind their own business and not comment on what people are wearing?

What I'm asking is, how can I stop it? Obviously most people would say get a different scarf or don't wear it, but I want to wear it and I will, I'm not ashamed just annoyed.

I'm not very confident, I only talk to people I know.

Favorite Answer

i have a harry potter tattoo on my wrist. and a beanie. i know what you're going through. people at my school didn't actually give me a lot of crap about it, but the few that did annoyed me. i generally think that it's cooler to wear and represent the things you love, rather than dress like a robot clone like everyone else. and that's what you should tell the haters.

Tell them to find some buisness. It's your life, do what you want as long as you aren't hurting others.

Tell them to mind their own business, you aren't hurting anyone.