My wireless connection doesn't work when teh cable is unplugged?

My wireless connection was working well! Its broadband wifi modem that I use! But two days back I unplugged its wires for some reason and then there was no Network access at all I amende3d teh configuration at 192.168.1.1 and it started working as LAN but as soon as I unplug the cable it doesn't work it shows a yellow triangle stating Limited Access! Or No Network Access!

Cud you help! I have tried the configuration and all! And the troubleshooting report at the wireless configuration page says

Test the connection to your local network

Test your Ethernet Connection: PASS

Test DSL Synchronization: PASS

F4 OAM Test

Test your F4 OAM Segment : FAIL

Test your F4 OAM ETOE : FAIL

F5 OAM Test

Test your F5 OAM Segment : PASS

Test your F5 OAM ETOE : PASS

Test the connection to your Internet service provider

Test PPP server connection: PASS

Test authentication with ISP: PASS

Test the assigned IP address: PASS

Ping default gateway: PASS

Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS

I strongly feel its alright but a tiny thing is missing! And it will be sorted if cud locate that tinny mishap! Wud be grateful to you for your kind answers!

• David
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

Try creating a new wireless ID and network key. Go to the Wireless Lan settings and then you will SSID so change the SSID and this would be your network`s name. Then go to subsection security and select WPA2-PSK or simple WPA-PSK then enter your desired network key. Once done with all these things the click apply and reboot if prompted.

Good Luck.

Can you do below two tests from your laptop when connected with Wire and Wireless respectively?

1. Ping 4.2.2.2

2. Ping yahoo.com