How do I become more manly and better adapted to doing handy work?

So, I'm a college junior. My major is chemical engineering with a minor in math. I'm very "book smart" in terms of like health and biology/physiology, math/physics/chemistry, history, philosophy, life, arts/music. I can crack a really good joke and I'm very social. I know how to make people... show more So, I'm a college junior. My major is chemical engineering with a minor in math. I'm very "book smart" in terms of like health and biology/physiology, math/physics/chemistry, history, philosophy, life, arts/music. I can crack a really good joke and I'm very social. I know how to make people laugh and smile.

Unfortunately though, I don't conform to the societal role of an angular male. I'm tall, thin (I'm very toned), very clear pale soft skin (doesn't look like I do manly/handy work) I don't have a deep voice, just an average toned voice, etc.

We had a big event on campus, where it's a "build and use contraptions" from raw materials to do all sorts of tasks in a relay race/circuit course type layout. My team won first out of 20 teams (elimination style), but like during the first half, I was actually building things with my hand...and unfortunately, despite being "book smarts", I have ZERO handy skills. I was dropped things, couldn't things to adhere, or lock in for the metal parts, etc, so I just sat aside and told every one how to make the best possible parts, giving them directions. I was the brain, they were the brawns.

We won from my ideas, but I couldn't do it myself. It was so embarrassing. This friend of mine that I REALLY like was there to watch, and I just felt like garbage among my peers. A lot of cute girls on campus were there to see it (there are prizes and music, etc.), and well, I felt like trash.

What can I do to become more manly/handy?
Update: Dropping*