DO YOU AGREE NUDITY IS NOT ALWAYS FOR SEXUAL GRATIFICATION?

Lots of people enjoy being naked for comfort Famous naturists Real people who like to be in the buff

THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE KNOWN TO PRACTICE NON-SEXUAL NUDITY AT HOME OR HAVE VISITED NUDE BEACHES OR OTHER PLACES FOR NUDE RECREATION. ​

JIM BACKUS, ACTOR, VOICE OF MR. MAGOO

GLORIA STEWART, ACTRESS FROM TITANIC

​MATT MILLEN, RAIDERS FOOTBALL PLAYER

LYNN REDGRAVE, ACTRESS

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, U. S. STATESMAN AND INVENTOR

JOHN QUINCY ADAMS, U. S. PRESIDENT

JOHN F. KENNEDY, US PRESIDENT

SENATOR TED KENNEDY

ELLE MACPHERSON, AUSTRALIAN MODEL AND ACTRESS

P.J. HARVEY, SINGER

THEODORE ROOSEVELT

LYNDON JOHNSON

ROBBIE WILLIAMS

FRED ROGERS OF MISTER ROGERS’ NEIGHBORHOOD

KEVIN BACON, ACTOR

BARRY MANELOW, SINGER

DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR

JOHN BALL ( DONALD JOHNSON ) WRITER OF “IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT’

LADY GODIVA

ADAM & EVE

KURT WEILL, COMPOSER

CHARLES F. RICHTER, INVENTOR OF THE RICHTER SCALE

LOUISE BROOKS, ACTRESS

ERIN GREY, ACTRESS BUCK ROGERS, GREW UP IN A NUDIST FAMILY

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

PAMELA ANDERSON

JENNIFER ANISTON

CHRISTOPHER ATKINS

KEVIN BACON

OKSANA BAIUL

DREW BARRYMORE

TYRA BANKS

BELLA BARTOK, COMPOSER

AMANDA BEARD

ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL, INVENTOR

JACK BLACK

LARA FLYNN BOYLE

CHRISTY BRINKLEY

MELANIE BROWN (SPICE GIRL)

JIMMY BUFFETT

KELLY CLARKSON

NADIA COMANECI

BILLY CONNOLLY

PAUL DANIELS (MAGICIAN)

TED DANSON

ROSARIO DAWSON

DOM DELOUISE

JOHNNY DEPP

ATHENA DEMOS

ALAN DERSHOWITZ

CAMERON DIAZ

CELINE DION

TATE DONOVAN FROM “DAMAGES’

ERICA DURANCE

MARIANNE FAITHFUL

RALPH FIENNES

COLIN FARREL

COLIN FLETCHER

FLEA (BASSIST - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS)

PETER FONDA

MATTHEW FOX

JAMIE FOXX

REBECCA GAYHEART

THEODORE GEISEL ( DR. SEUSS ), AUTHOR

IAN GILLIAN (LEAD SINGER - DEEP PURPLE)

JEFF GOLDBLUM

CUBA GOODING JR

LAURA GRAHAM

AMY GRANT

MACY GRAY

LINDA HAMILTON

TOM HANKS

DARYL HANNAH

WOODY HARRELSON

MELISSA JOAN HART

PJ HARVEY

GOLDIE HAWN

MARIEL HEMINGWAY

KATE HUDSON

KATE HUMBLE (BBC PRESENTER "AUTUMN KATE")

ELIZABETH HURLEY

JADE JAGGER

JANET JACKSON

FAMKE JANSSEN

ASHLEY JUDD

NICOLE KIDMAN, ACTRESS

MOLLIE KING (BRITISH SINGER/MUSICIAN)

HEIDI KLUM, MODEL

KIERA KNIGHTLY

OLGA KORBUT, OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST

ALI LARTER, ACTRESS ON HEROES

AVRIL LAVIGNE

JENNIFER LOPEZ

MARIO LOPEZ

LUDACRIS

MADONNA

BARRY MANILOW, SINGER & SONGWRITER

MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY

ANDIE MACDOWELL

EWAN MCGREGOR

SIR IAN MCKELLEN

SARAH MCLACHLAN

PATRICK MCNEE

ELLE MCPHERSON

CHRISTOPHER MELONI

HELEN MIRREN

DEMI MOORE

ALANIS MORRISETTE, SINGER

KATE MOSS, MODEL

JACK NICHOLSON, ACTOR

HAYDEN PANETTIERE

PALOMA PICASSO

PINK

BRAD PITT

SIDNEY POLLOCK, ACTOR & DIRECTOR

JAMIE PRESSLY

SHERYL LEE RALPH

LYNN REDGRAVE

SARA RUE

KURT RUSSELL

SEAL

CLAUDIA SCHIFFER

JERRY SEINFELD

JANE SEYMOUR, ACTRESS

SHAKIRA

SHERRI SHEPHERD

ALICIA SILVERSTONE

BRITNEY SPEARS

PRINCESS STEPHANIE (MONACO)

PATRICK STEWART

CHARLIZE THERON

EMMA THOMPSON

UMA THURMAN

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

ROBBIE WILLIAMS

BRUCE WILLIS

AMY WINEHOUSE, SINGER

KATRINA WITT, OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WINNER

ADRIAN YOUNG (DRUMMER - NO DOUBT)

JOHN QUINCY ADAMS

JOSEPHINE BAKER, SINGER, DANCER & ACTRESS

WINSTON CHURCHILL

ISADORA DUNCAN, DANCER

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

SPALDING GRAY, AUTHOR & MONOLOGIST

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN, AUTHOR

MARGAUX HEMINGWAY, ACTRESS

ERNEST HEMINGWAY, WRITER

ALFRED HITCHCOCK, DIRECTOR

LYNDON JOHNSON, US PRESIDENT

JAMES MASON, ACTOR

PATRICK "TIP" O'NEAL, SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE

GEORGE ORWELL, WRITER

FRED ROGERS

ROD SIRLING, WRITER & CREATOR OF THE OUTER LIMITS

HENRY DAVID THOREAU, WRITER

WALT WHITMAN, WRITER

*ALANIS MORISSETTE,

ANDIE MACDOWELL,

ELLE MCPHERSON,

HELEN MIRREN,

JENNY AGUTTAR,

KEVIN BACON,

CALLISTA FLOCKHART,

POPE JOHN PAUL

The famous quote from Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body is: "The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve intact its splendour and its beauty... Nakedness as such is not to be equated with physical shamelessness... Immodesty is present only when nakedness plays a negative role with regard to the value of the person...The human body is not in itself shameful... Shamelessness (just like shame and modesty) is a function of the interior of a person."

​​​​​

Best Answer

Fine. So what's your point? A screaming list of nudists doesn't prove anything. I still don't want to see most of my acquaintances naked.

How is this LGBT?

• Sky

Of course nudity is not always for sexual gratification. I've known that for over 20 years and many other people in the world know that. My question is, what is your source of this information to know that all these people are nudists?

Also, it rather undermines the credibility of your statement when you list fictional characters like Adam & Eve. In that fairy tale, they were created nude and knew of nothing else to compare their state of being with in order to call it nudism. That would be like saying Lucy the Australopithecus was a nudist, back in a time when clothing didn't even exist. And Lady Godiva wasn't a nudist; she rode nude through the town to protest the taxes her husband was imposing on the citizens, and she first sent out an order that everyone must remain within their houses so as to not see her nude (hardly a protest if nobody is there to view it). If she was a nudist she would have proudly strolled through town with everybody there. And Pope John Paul (I'm assuming you mean PJP II) wasn't a nudist either; he just understood that the human body was intrinsically beautiful and not automatically a source of lust.

Regarding your statements about shame at the end, you are correct. There is nothing shameful about the nude body, and nothing immodest about being nude, being seen nude, and being unafraid to be seen nude.

Source(s): naturist since 1990

Regarding your original question, yes we definitely agree with that. Indeed it is the view of many Naturists I know that clothing, especially skimpy clothes, are far 'sexier' than complete nudity, because clothes tease the eye of the observer and draw attention to parts of the wearer's body in a way that nudity does not.

As for your list, we also have such a list, but prefer to keep it to people we know exist or have existed - so it does not include Adam & Eve! Off the top of my head, you forgot Helen Mirren, who was very pleased to receive the "Naturist of the Year" award we gave her a few years ago.

Edit: Oops! you didn't forget her, but she was still pleased to receive the award.

To most people, nudity is just what people simply physically are. For better or for worse, depends on your point of view. Your "screaming" list (please don't type in all caps) is full of people who have accomplished a lot in life and have learned (and dared) to think for themselves for a change. Sadly, most people don't and just think the way their perverted culture tells them to think. There's nothing wrong with that, but it is pretty lazy if you ask me.

Do I "agree" that nudity isn't always for sexual gratification? Dah... I just got out of the pool after swimming laps and I'm sitting here air-drying while answering your question. And yes, I'm naked. I swam that way because it's easier and I didn't have a reason not to. And I'll eventually get dressed when I have to go out. What's the hurry? Where's the sexual gratification in that? Or am I missing something (other than being comfortable while I wrap this up)?

Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature, characterized by the practice of communal nudity, with the intention of encouraging respect for oneself, respect for others and for the environment. I am a nudist, and I'm here to find nudist friends. join us now. Get naked, get enjoyment. www.Nudistfriend.org enjoying being a nudist,go hiking, and go to beach to surfing, swimming, to enjoy the sunshine with nudist friends, go camping with nudist lover, barbecue in the yard of your nudist friend. Nudistfriend.org is more than just dating, it's a place for friends who chat and do outdoor activities together. A place where you can feel at home. A place for dating where things are simple. Meet new friends and nudist singles for dating and friendship. JOIN US!!

• Tina

Every summer day across Europe probably 200,000 girls sunbath topless on beaches, next to pools, in parks, on roof tops, balconies, on the back patio, all in perfect view of the public or at least half the neighborhood. 98% of them are doing it strictly to get the tan. They couldn't care less if anybody sees them. Which would indicate to me there is nothing sexual involved in it.

Popes don't have the last word. Da Lawd made Adam and Eve (and Steve)"ashamed" so that they covered their parts with leaves. Just shake you leaf first; there might be a spider lurking there.

We never wear clothes at home, unless we have guests, or unless it's really cold.

Clothes, especially underwear are very restrictive, and there's nothing more liberating than being 'free'.

The thought of Jim Baccus nude just made me put my clothes on

ADAM AND EVE?

ORly? Told you so themselves, did they?

I don't care if you want to run around starkers. Just don't do it in front of my house, okay?

We hit -1C last night, with -3 windchill today. You really would NOT enjoy it.