Help in making an autobiography?

"I grew up staying inside our house all day long watching TV and sometimes I do play with my cousins. "

Is my sentence correct? or should I say

"I grew up staying AT our house all day long watching TV and sometimes I do play with my cousins." Help please it's really confusing me.

And also some tips on making an autobiography? Thanks so much

Favorite Answer

the web page (below) describes: How to Write Your Autobiography

Why Write an Autobiography?

At some point in your education or your career you will be required to make a presentation about yourself or to write an autobiography as an assignment. Some people will welcome the opportunity to share their own personal experiences, while others will dread it.

Whether you love this assignment or you hate it, you should start with the knowledge that your story is much more interesting than you probably realize. You may as well make the story enjoyable to your audience! An interesting story will get a better response from your audience and a better grade from a professor.

These tips are intended to help you determine (perhaps to your surprise) how interesting your story really is!

Adding Some Spice

Your autobiography should contain the basic framework that any essay should have, like an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement, a body containing several paragraphs, and a conclusion. But the trick is to make your life story an interesting narrative with a theme. So how do you determine your theme?

You've probably heard the saying that diversity is the spice of life. While the saying is a little old and tired, the meaning holds true. Your job is to find out what makes your family or your experience spicy and build a narrative around that. In other words, you will research on your own life.

Start your research by taking a close examination of your life and taking notes on the things that make you interesting.

Your Family Background

Just like the biography of a famous person, your biography will include things like the time and place of your birth, an overview of your personality, your likes and dislikes, and the special events that shaped your life. While you might think you're ordinary and boring, you'll soon realize that your story is quite unique.

It might be tempting to start your story with "I was born in Dayton, Ohio…" but that is not really where your story begins. It's better to ask why you were born where you were, and how your family"s experience led to your birth.

Every region of the world has a special story, and every family comes from a region or culture that will seem very different and interesting to others. What do you know about your grandparents? Your great-grandparents? Have you ever asked what your grandparents did for a living, or how they came to settle in a certain part of the world?

Your first step in researching your own autobiography is to gather some background story. Some things to consider:

•What is interesting about the region where you were born?

•How does your family history relate to the history of that region?

•Did your family come to that region for a reason?

see web page for Your Childhood, Your Culture and a link to:Part II: Finding a Theme and Crafting Your Essay