How to go about getting help for being transsexual/transgendered?

I am an 18 biological female. However, my brain is male. I have done an extensive amount of research about this and have to the conclusion that I have should have male parts. This feelings have become so strong and overwhelming that it's starting to affect my day to day life. I have depression, self hatred, guilt etc. I told my mother about this feelings and she just shrugged it off. My other family members would freak and probably disown me if I told them. I come from a very religious southern Christian family in southwest Georgia. Most people would treat me like I'm satan's minion or something. I don't know what to do. I've lost weight,sleep, and my appetite because of this. I'm to the point where I don't want to leave the house. I freaking hate it! I want some help for this, but I don't know how to go about it. Do I just go to the family doctor and say "I think that I'm transsexual"? or what? Are there any support groups online? I doubt that there are any that are local. Any help is greatly appreciated!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am an 18 biological female. However, my brain is male. I have done an extensive amount of research about this and have to the conclusion that I have should have male parts. This feelings have become so strong and overwhelming that it's starting to affect my day to day life. I have...

Source(s): transsexual transgendered: https://shortly.im/FS6AS
  • reme_1

CAll the gay center and ask for contacts for trans support groups.

The first step is to get tested by a dr. The doctor will explain what you are going through to your parents. Hopefully he/she will push your folks into helping you go thru transition.

For your parents, there is PFLAG.org - a wonderful support group for parents of lgbt kids.

Start now. This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Reach out to the lgbt community and move if you have to get the help you need. It's not cheap but a lot of people find a way. It would be nice if your family could get their heads out of the bible and be more supportive. If you feel like you would not do well there, please move to a more accepting area.

You will have enough on your plate going thru transition without worrying about who is going to accept you or reject you. There are a number of groups that are trans supportive. You will get assistance.

HUGS from a senior lesbian