How to line an armoire with paper?

We have an armoire we bought at a thrift store we have been using as a bookcase, but we are moving to a new apartment that lacks a real closet to speak of. Whomever had it before painted the outside white, but left the inside unpainted (which is a hideous wood veneer). I have been meaning to take care of this... show more We have an armoire we bought at a thrift store we have been using as a bookcase, but we are moving to a new apartment that lacks a real closet to speak of. Whomever had it before painted the outside white, but left the inside unpainted (which is a hideous wood veneer). I have been meaning to take care of this forever, but just haven't ever gotten around to it. Now that I'm going to have to open it every day and see that ugly inside, that's really motivated me to finally do this project. I don't have the ability to paint it before or after we move so I would like to line it instead. I bought a bunch of rolls of contact paper and realized when I got home it's the non adhesive kind. I love the pattern, so I would still like to use it, but am unsure the best way to get it to adhere to the veneer. I was thinking double sided tape and spray adhesive, but I'm unsure if thats the best way? It doesn't need to be absolutely flawless, just better than that wood veneer lol.
1 answer 1