Urge to cut myself, never have before?

Lately i've been feeling really sad, especially at night. I dont know why tho. My dad died 5 years ago from Leukemia and when he did i felt a little suicidal but nothing too bad. My girlfriend has had problems with cutting in the past. Recently she said she has been really sad and she wants to start again. ... show more Lately i've been feeling really sad, especially at night. I dont know why tho. My dad died 5 years ago from Leukemia and when he did i felt a little suicidal but nothing too bad. My girlfriend has had problems with cutting in the past. Recently she said she has been really sad and she wants to start again. It makes me really sad to hear her say that. Im just really sad and depressed and i want the pain to go away. I feel like i shouldnt be feeling this way because i have a great life. And the thought of death scares the hell out of me. I dont want to kill myself i just want the pain to go away.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Im just really confused and scared right now and i need some advice. Thank you.