I plan on dying my hair green what's a good dye brand?

I'm planning on dying my hair green but I'm not sure what dye brand works best and will stay longer please help I have Burnett colored hair :)

Favorite Answer

Well that's a really bad choice of color for multiple reasons. Its not attractive at all. No professional brands sell a green dye because they know no one will buy it. So you would have to resort to using a drug store brand color which is a terrible idea because odd colors like that contain metallic dye which will permanently be on your hair. You cannot dye over metallic dye so when your color fades to a dirty yellow color you will not be able to fix it. The only way to fix it is to start over and shave your head.

Source(s): Cosmetology licence. Hair color studys.

*brunette

also, you HAVE to bleach your hair if you want green hair. It will not show up on brown hair.

Depending on the green, you'll also need to tone your hair, or it'll be a yellowy green.

AND unnatural hair colors such as green, require maintenance. They are not a thing where you can just do once and have it be fantastic forever. You generally have to redye it at least once a month and you may have to change your showering habits to help maintain the color.

Brand-wise, there's Manic Panic. MP is well-known for being a veggie dye, meaning it doesn't have super-harsh chemicals in it. You can tell, too. It doesn't smell all nasty.

Ion Color Brilliance.

Special Effects.

Schwarzkopff. oh god i don't know how to spell that one.

There isn't any unnatural colored dyes that will stay in "long" they're semi-permanent and fade with each shampoo, but i know that Manic Panic sells almost every color, including green. You might want to bleach your hair so the color will show.