Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 6 years ago

Darkness problems with my Technika x22/14c-gb-tcd-uk?

Hey, I'm having a problem with my TV. It's a Technika x22/14c-gb-tcd-uk

When I switch it on, the picture will come up fine, and normal, but then after a period of around 5 seconds, the screen will suddenly turn black.

However, the picture doesn't actually go off, it just turns extremely dark. If I angle it right, and with the right light, I can barely see the picture, so it's not turning off. The sound is completely unaltered.

I've tried the wires, it doesn't seem like any of them are loose.

Favorite Answer

I'm sure you already know this but your TV is broken :p

If it's less than two years old and you still have the receipt then it's still under warranty. There is a little known EU law stipulating this http://robertmacbeath.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/eur...

If it's not less than two years old then you have no option than to get it repaired. I personally own two Technika TV's, one of which is four years old and it has never had any problems like you describe. It would probably be cheaper getting a new Technika TV than it would be to get it repaired.

I strongly suspect you have inverter problems (inverter powers the backlight). It may just need a capacitor or two which should be a reasonable repair cost.