Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 6 years ago

Darkness problems with my Technika x22/14c-gb-tcd-uk?

Hey, I'm having a problem with my TV. It's a Technika x22/14c-gb-tcd-uk

When I switch it on, the picture will come up fine, and normal, but then after a period of around 5 seconds, the screen will suddenly turn black.

However, the picture doesn't actually go off, it just turns extremely dark. If I angle it right, and with the right light, I can barely see the picture, so it's not turning off. The sound is completely unaltered.

I've tried the wires, it doesn't seem like any of them are loose.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm sure you already know this but your TV is broken :p

If it's less than two years old and you still have the receipt then it's still under warranty. There is a little known EU law stipulating this http://robertmacbeath.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/eur...

If it's not less than two years old then you have no option than to get it repaired. I personally own two Technika TV's, one of which is four years old and it has never had any problems like you describe. It would probably be cheaper getting a new Technika TV than it would be to get it repaired.

• 6 years ago

I strongly suspect you have inverter problems (inverter powers the backlight). It may just need a capacitor or two which should be a reasonable repair cost.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.