Naoko asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

please help!! political science!!!!true or false!!! JUST 2 questions?

Please!

I just need to whether this 2 questions are true or false!!! yes, it is my homework, and the reason for asking for your help is because i just couldn't find an answer.

T/F . When one group tell another, "you support me on my issue and I'll support you on your issue", they are swiftboating.(apparently that is a word)

T/F. Congress can require that lobbyists and organizations disclose their identity.

Thanks in advance for helping me with this, I really appreciate it.

Favorite Answer

Swiftboating is an underhanded and dirty attack on an opponents reputation.

The Lobbying Disclosure Act requires all lobbyists to be registered. Which means yes, their identities are known.

1) False - "swiftboating" refers to a tactic used during the Kerry-Bush election in which Kerry was maligned for his actions in Vietnam when he was in charge of a "swiftboat".

2) ? - All lobbying groups must be registered with the Federal government; however tax-exempt organizations need not provide their membership lists.