Are my answers correct?
I know I need to do my work myself, so I have. I just want to make sure that they're correct. I downloaded a pdf file for the first time I took the test, as a guide for the answers. The download must have messed up somehow, because afterwards the questions were wrong, and I had no idea and scored a 25. This is my one and ONLY retake for this exam and I want a passing grade.
I'm absolutely positive that numbers 2, 5, 6, 8, and 12 are correct.
1. During Jefferson's presidency, cities were
A. mostly found along the Mississippi.
B. mainly industrial centers.
C. mostly the haunts of thieves and degenerates.
[D. mainly ports for international trade.]
2. The election of 1824 that brought _______ to the presidency was the most controversial and
complicated election in American history.
A. James Monroe
B. John Quincy Adams
[C. Andrew Jackson.]
D. John Adams.
3. The first fully developed American factory system emerged in the _______ industry.
4. Which of the following statements about the Southern planter's world is most accurate?
A. The wives and daughter of plantation owners lived lives of leisure.
[B. Most of the great planters were the sons of wealthy families.]
C. The stereotype of the "southern belle" is fairly accurate.
D. Most great planters of the Old South were self-made men.
5. As drafted by Vice President John C. Calhoun of South Carolina, the right of a state to set aside federal
law was called
6. Which of the following was true of the Judiciary Act of 1801?
[A. It expanded the federal court system.]
B. It was opposed by the Federalists.
C. It reduced the power of the federal courts.
D. It packed the Supreme Court with Democratic Republicans.
7. Under America's second party system, the Whigs stood for
A. a "liberally negligent" state.
[B. policies that kept government hands off business and industry.]
C. a "negative liberal state."
D. policies that directly supported commercial enterprises.
8. Under the leadership of Lucretia Mott and Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the high point of the Seneca Falls
convention was the drafting of the Declaration of
A. Human Rights.
C. Women's Rights.
9. The keystone to what Henry Clay called the American System was
A. a low tariff
B. encouraging British competition.
[C. a high tariff.]
D. abolishing slavery.
10. Andrew Jackson's specie circular of 1836 stipulated that after August 15 only _______ would be accepted in payment for public lands.
A. gold and silver
C. special banknotes
11. The Liberator was to William Lloyd Garrison as the North Star was to
A. Harriet Tubman.
B. the Grimke sisters.
[C. Frederick Douglass.]
D. Theodore Dwight Weld.
12. The Erie Canal connected Albany on the Hudson with
[A. Lake Superior.]
C. White Plains.
13. John Marshall's 1803 decision in Marbury v. Madison
A. established the principle of state sovereignty.
B. was repudiated by Thomas Jefferson.
[C. found in favor of Marbury.]
D. established the principle of judicial review.
14. The Second Great Awakening began on the southern frontier and usually featured what two religious sects?
A. Atheists and Buddhists
B. Muslims and Catholics
[C. Methodists and Baptists]
D. Catholics and Atheists
15. As Texas was defending its claim to be a new and independent republic in 1836, a final crucial victory was won at
A. San Antonio.
B. Las Cruces.
[D. San Jacinto.]
16. The largest of the five so-called "civilized tribes" was the
17. Which of the following was true of the Webster-Ashburton Treaty?
[A. It established a definite northeastern boundary with Canada.]
B. It settled British and American claims to the Oregon Country.
C. It established the southern boundary of Alaska.
D. It established the northern boundary of California.
18. Within slave society, evidence suggests that the highest social status was ascribed to
A. field slaves.
B. house slaves.
[C. preachers and healers.]
D. skilled craftsmen who worked on their own in cities.
19. After the War of 1812, the first expansionist goal of the republic was the acquisition of
B. the Oregon Country.
20. Elias Howe invented which of the following?
A. The mechanical reaper
B. A method for vulcanizing rubber
C. The steel plow
[D. The sewing machine]
- Anonymous7 years agoFavorite Answer
As you remember when we were looking for calliper and torque tester.Source(s): http://www.coolairsa.com/
- Anonymous6 years ago
whats 13 please someone help mee