ssd or better graphics card?

I am deciding whether to get a 250gb ssd or 500 gb ssd and a msi gtx 760 4gb or a better graphics card? I might might try running 3 monitors later on when i have enough money. Any help , advice?

Favorite Answer

SSD is great for just speeding up you opening time for a program. Since the OS is the one "program" that takes the longest to open, its usually the reason people buy one. For most of us 128GB is all that's necessary for the OS and a few games. Any "storage" of non essential programs would go on a conventional hard drive. The 760-4GB is a good card for higher end games and the need for 4GB is good if you are using lots of add-on mods with intense graphics. I think the "sweet spot" would be a 128GB SSD with a GTX 770 video card for top gaming.

Well it depends on what you want to do with your computer. I would go with the graphics card, because I like games. If you want faster boot times and file management, then you should get the SSD. Like I said, it's about what you use your computer for.

• nick

no reason to buy a 4gb 760, it doesnt have the power or the data bus to even utilize that video memory.

it depends on what you want, do you want better gaming performance, or better application/windows performance.