STOCKING CAPACITY 20 GALLON HIGH?

Hello, I have a stocking question regarding my freshwater 20 gallon high tank. It was established a couple of years ago, is fully cycled, heavily planted, has two 20 gallon HOB filters (gentle flow). Parameters 0/0/10-20, soft to medium hardness, pH 6.8 - 7.0. Small doses of Aquarium Salt, Seachem Flourish root... show more Hello,

I have a stocking question regarding my freshwater 20 gallon high tank. It was established a couple of years ago, is fully cycled, heavily planted, has two 20 gallon HOB filters (gentle flow). Parameters 0/0/10-20, soft to medium hardness, pH 6.8 - 7.0. Small doses of Aquarium Salt, Seachem Flourish root tabs, liquid co2, liquid ferts, Regular maintenance (1/4 - 1/3 water changes every weekend, vacuuming, removal of any plant debris, etc). The tank is stocked with 3 bronze cories and one peppered cory, 7 neon tetras and 1 betta. I understand that there is less surface area with a high tank versus a long tank, but feel that I should be able to have a FEW more fish with my tank conditions and maintenance. Some people say yes, some say no, I've read the forums for stocking capacities, now I would like to simply pose the question publicly for a greater response. I've seen many tanks with successful larger stocks: two small shoals, one or two centerpieces, and bottom feeders with an oddity or two, such as ACFs or Kuhli loaches. I do not want to overstock my tank, but would like to add maybe an oddity or if possible, another small shoal (perhaps five Harlequin rasboras, or at least add three more neons (seven look adequate when schooling, but they are so small and even with the quantity of plants the tank looks empty). Please advise. Thanks!!
3 answers 3