Who are some of the smartest people of all time?

Don't get them from an IQ list, because IQ's can be very useless. Give me an opinion to why they are intelligent. This is my list, doesn't have to be in order. Michelangelo Painted the Sistine Chapel, look at that roof and tell me if you could do that? The detail and also the fact he could paint... show more Don't get them from an IQ list, because IQ's can be very useless.
Give me an opinion to why they are intelligent.
This is my list, doesn't have to be in order.

Michelangelo
Painted the Sistine Chapel, look at that roof and tell me if you could do that? The detail and also the fact he could paint something so large that is so high in the days when the Dark Ages were coming to an end.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Wrote his first symphony at age 8. Wrote unbelievably amazing symphonies ENTIRELY from his mind, he didn't even touch a keyboard. He wrote Symphony No 25 at the age of 17. In todays society at age 17 you have kids playing soft ballads on a Guitar by plucking about 5 notes while Mozart wrote symphonies listened to today written entirely by his mind.

Edgar Allan Poe
I have ALWAYS told myself, anyone who came up with the idea of writing the mystery genre was absolute genius. It turns out my favourite writer who wrote the Raven, invented the Mystery genre too, I mean what intelligence it would have been to sit down and write a story where it involves getting the reader to try and figure things out with the writer.
As it pass'd me flying by —
From the thunder, and the storm —
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view —

I mean what genius.

Nikola Tesla
Not many people know of this genius sadly, he had a way of making things better for todays society. He invented the wireless which would have been the answer to all our problems if not for other greedy businessman. Tesla with the invention of wireless could have built a large tower in Long Island and could have controlled the whole world from there. Planes, Cars, Trains, etc could be electrically powered by this wireless tower in New York. Same with all our technology today, he had everything laid out, there was no mistakes in his plans, this idea could of been successful. He had successfully figured out how to make electricity free. The only problem is that businessman knew there would be no ways to make money in free power so refused to give Telsa the idea, which is why we depend on power stations which we have to pay for, batteries, engines, etc. However Tesla was the inventor of Alternating Current which without, we would still be living with the same electricity they had in the early 1800's. Almost none.

What about your list?