Jehovah's witnesses what do you think of coco rocha the model?

Coco rocha has been a devout Jehovahs witnesses since childhood. She has appeared on numerous episodes and live interviews, she has done with a former ex jehovahs witnesses naomi campbell. Although, she is close to her faith and she has not promoting to a religion icons, smoking, and nude photos. She consider herself, "A christian first, then model comes second" Well, when she wasn't baptized yet she did some photo shoots were bad and very provocative but there's no nude into it but only some weird poses. She said she made a some mistakes, she still follows the christian door to door preaching work, then she had decided to focus on Jehovah then baptized with her mother, she was 21 years old at that time (2004 year) She still has been an active witness but still manage to remain faithful------

Christians what do you think? Is it okay to pursue a model career, I mean, do you think it's okay for young one's to follow? I mean it's their choice and how she set an example.

Well it seems that since being baptized she is more careful in the type of modelling work she does and is not in violation of the scriptures and so there is no problem here. Someone suggested that modelling is a selfish act or is all about oneself. Actually, there is nothing inherently selfish about modelling and there are likely models that are more humble than people that are not models.

Spiritually trying circumstances can come up in any profession. A teacher could regularly face situations in which they have to avoid making spiritual compromises (such as the flag salute (occurs everyday in public schools), birthdays (usually for younger kids, but may occur in the upper grades too), holiday celebrations, blood issue, etc...

I think she does honorable, charitable work as well

(Source: Coco Rocha - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Rocha#cite_note-... - Wikipedia entry)

"On November 1, 2011 Coco launched Coco Rocha for Senhoa, a collection produced together with Senhoa, an organization helping Cambodian survivors of human trafficking. The capsule collection contained 7 unique pieces designed by Rocha and hand crafted by the survivors of human trafficking. All proceeds went directly to the Senhoa program. To help raise awareness for the cause, Rocha brought in additional models Chanel Iman, Caroline Trentini, and Behati Prinsloo. In the first of two campaigns, Iman, Trentini and Rocha were photographed by Nigel Barker.[20]"

You can read the article here

"Coco Rocha Lauches Jewelry Line for a Cause"

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/coc...

She is doing honest, legal work and is contributing to society though charitable means.

If the line of work is not in conflict with the scriptures, people should seriously mind their own business as to the choice of employment that another Witness chooses to take on.

I don't know about them, but I think she does pretty well holding on to standards in that world.

I don't think it's the best choice for any Christian that goes for the movies too. Their the ones who will have to stand the trails and temptations there. And there will be many. She already said she had some failings

I wouldn't hope that line of work for my daughters knowing they will be tempted more to sin. And they watch a lot of that model stuff. The modeling world is attractive to young women. I love my girls and I watch to see what pulls at them, and want to see them have a good life and a job where the Lord is the biggest part of it and hopefully they will avoid such.

Daniel had to work around heathens for the most part, and he did well. So it can be done, but I doubt many would do it as well. I would say a rare few.

Even she says not many jobs are open to her because of her standards. The world caters to sinners more than Christians as it's always been

• Suzy

I don't think about her at all, never heard of her till you asked this. Each person on the planet has the right to be what they want to be. Just like we all have the right to be on of Jehovah's Witnesses or not. It is our choice and if this woman did some things in her past that she is not proud of and has repented, that is Jehovah's call, not mine. If she is now following Jehovah, I'm happy for her.

• Diane

Why are you interested in her? Ive never heard of her and I dont think Naomi was ever a baptised witness?

Anyways, if she isnt doing anything thats immoral I dont think there is a problem. Theres a girl who models in our hall, with her clothes on :) and there is no problem with that.

Just read the first post above - I dont know what halls you have been to but that isnt what our hall is like at all. In fact one of the points we have had in talks is that the congregation must be as one and "murmuring" would be devisive.

The trouble with the anti JW people on here is that they can say whatever they want and never listen to the truth when one of us tries to explain. But why are they so zealous in persecuting witnesses? What benefit is it to them, I dont understand why they sound so bitter and dont just move on.

• Personally, I find it hard that she is a witness! For modelling is a very "self" action and we are urged to not think more of ourselves than necessary and thus, it is suspect to me; however, saying this, America (which I think is where she is) do do things different and thus, it is between her and Jehovah.

But the same can be said of Prince! He still is a legend and behaves like one!

It does not stumble me but I do find it rather bizarre!

She's just like any other of Vot's sisters.

Vot doesn't know her personally, but if the media reports are accurate, then Vot thinks "YAY- another of our family preaching the good news out there!"

As to her profession, if she's not breaking any Bible principles.... meh.