Joe asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Ted Cruz's dad is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries, which is run by Benny Hinn isn't that weird?

Rafael Cruz is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries founded by Suzanne Hinn, ex-wife and then wife again of Benny Hinn. The Hinns are huckster Christians, dealing in faux emotions and invented manifestations of the Holy Spirit at the most convenient and opportune fundraising moments.

Benny Hinn is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apFjbtpxauQ

Youtube thumbnail

Here's a video of an interview with Rafael Cruz where he sings the praises of his anointed child:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp4lIvDIv-g

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Benny And Suzanne Hinn Update

So. what is your point? Ted Cruz's father is 74 yrs. old. Is he harming you? Many people bashed JFK when he was running for President because he was a catholic. Many people questioned Obama because he was black. Now, Ted Cruz's father, not Ted Cruz, is a pastor. So what? You can dislike him or not believe what he preaches, so, you don't have to like him or believe in his church. Again, this isn't Ted Cruz, it is his father.

Rafael Cruz

Pastor, Professor, Father of US Senator Ted Cruz

Rafael Cruz is the father of US Senator Ted Cruz. Rafael embodies the American Dream. Born in Cuba, he suffered under a cruel, oppressive dictator. He began fighting Batista’s regime as a teenager and was imprisoned and tortured – beaten nearly to death – simply to be free.

Rafael arrived in Texas in 1957 with nothing but the clothes on his back and one hundred dollars sewn into his underwear.

He got a job as a dishwasher, making 50 cents an hour, and worked his way through the University of Texas, while learning English.

Ted Cruz’s father then built a small business in further pursuit of the American Dream.

Rafael Cruz became active in conservative politics during the 1980 Presidential Campaign of Ronald Reagan. He also joined the State Board of The Religious Roundtable, a grassroots Judeo-Christian organization that had an important impact on the future of political dialogue.

Today, he is a pastor based in North Texas serving as the Director of Purifying Fire Ministries, ministering in the U.S., Mexico and Central America. He is also a professor of Bible and Theology, and the president of Kingdom Translation Services.

• Feivel

Ok....I don't care for Benny Hinn or any xian ministry but why does Cruz's dad have an effect on how we feel about Cruz (and I am not very happy with him to be honest).

My dad is a physicist but trust me, you don't want me anywhere near a science lab or atom smasher.

I think its odd his dad is a huckster preacher but Ted was smart enough to get into Congress but the people elected Ted....not his dad.

Sure! Although since it's Ted Kennedy, he'll have to hit him over the head with a bottle of bourbon. And then throw some vicodin at him.

Sorry, his ministry is not related to Benny Hinn. He has a separate ministry which coincidentally has the same name.

That is incredibly weird, the only thing weirder is people who think Benny Hinn is normal.

and I prefer this version of Hinn's religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ

Youtube thumbnail

Damn, I just signed out of yahoo canada so I could post this.

Irrelevant. We were not permitted to include Obama's background when he was running for president so why would it be relevant toward Cruz. Obama's father was a Muslim Socialist. His mother and her family were Communists. She got a divorce from her 2nd husband because he went to work for a capitalist oil company. Do you care? No you call it lies. No vetting of our politicians required. You people set that precedent now live with it.

Do you determine where your dad works, or what he does?

Then why would it matter?

(I have no use for Benny Hinn, but I would take him over Jeremiah Wright in a heartbeat.)

Him being a high profile politician told me he is a con man. I did not need to know this to think otherwise.

• is he like going to "lay hands" on the deficit and heal it?

pretty sure he would push it over to the ground... it might not get back up very fast though...