? asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 7 years ago

Google 502 Server Error On Youtube?

I am getting this error when trying to access Youtube. I can't access the site at all. Even the homepage gives me the 502 error. I heard it being a general problem if people are getting this error but this time it seems to be just me. I can even access Youtube from a second computer in my house. My friends living near me are also able to access to Youtube. But i can't. I tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox. If i use another proxy on Firefox i am able to get on but it's not as fast with a proxy. I ran a virus scan, did reset my modem several times. Tried different DNS servers. Nothing is helping. I have a feeling that it's about my computer but i can't quite put my finger on it.

@Ben

As i said i have another computer i am able to access Youtube from it. Both computers are on the same network so the closest server theory doesn't sound completely right. Also, as i said, my friends are able to access Youtube as well and we are in the same city. But what the same city means when there are two computers in the house and one is able to get on Youtube and other is not, right?

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

502 means it's Google's problem, not yours (status codes in the 400s mean it's your fault, status codes in the 500s means it's a server problem). Specifically, error 502 means "bad gateway"- the Google owned computers that YouTube is trying to talk to aren't responding. The reason it works when you use a proxy is because YouTube tries to use whatever computers are closest to you and while the ones closest to you are broken, the ones closest to the proxy server are still working.

Other than using the proxy, the only thing you can do is wait for Google to fix the servers.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Google 502 Server Error On Youtube?

I am getting this error when trying to access Youtube. I can't access the site at all. Even the homepage gives me the 502 error. I heard it being a general problem if people are getting this error but this time it seems to be just me. I can even access Youtube from a second computer in my...

Source(s): google 502 server error youtube: https://shortly.im/AI48S
  • minger

Youtube Server Status

This is a link where you can download for free Adobe Falsh Player http://bit.ly/1tmMp3l

If you have problems to watch videos on youtube or facebook you need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Hope it helps.

test - why can I now add an answer 1 month after voting has closed? Thuis is a test, I intend to delete this answer soon ..

it depends...