Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 years ago

Informing my ex-wife?

I would like to know if it's my ex-wife's business where I've moved to. She informed me that I had to give her my whereabouts for the sake of knowing where our kids are when I'm having parenting time with them. Is this true?

S/N: My ex is a bit of a drama queen and she likes to cause trouble for me and my fiancé.

• Sue C
    Favorite Answer

I would say that IF she is a bit of a "trouble maker" for you & your fiance, I cannot blame you for not wanting her to know where you live. I'm SURE she has your cellphone no., or a way to reach you "immediately" if necessary, THAT would be just as efficient as all she'd need. No way would I want her bothering my home life as there's no need. Keep things the way they are, & don't give it second tho't, you're well "covered"...best to you...:)

• Teresa

I would not think that you would have to inform her of your exact address. In my opinion you probably need to inform her of the town or city you live in and the state. She should also have your cell phone number and you should have hers just in case of an emergency involving the children. If she really wants to find out your address she can find it on her own. It is not that hard to do with all the information you can find on the internet.

• bob p

Quit playing games with your ex-wife and stop using your kids as a way to get even with your exwife. On jerks use there kids as a pawn in your sick game

• P

Frankly, you might as well give her your home address, its not an unreasonable request and she could get it through other means anyway. It's not worth fighting her on that one. She doesn't need to know every place you take them, but a home address is pretty normal.

• Gidget

She has the right to know where the kids are staying when they visit.

• ???

Are you out of your mind? Of course she has a right to know where you live if your children are going to be visiting you. Geez.

Check your divorce decree