Help with essay topic?

I need help coming up with a topic for an essay. This is for my senior paper, meaning it's got to be something that I can make into a really long argument for a paper. Probably something that can be stretched into about 30 pages.

I've tried and tried but can't think of anything good to do. I want to do it on something a bit more current than what everyone else is doing. My classmates are doing stuff by writers like DuBois and Shakespeare.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Can you do it on a subject such as "bullying"? or "the national debt" or I'll tell you what would be good would be to do it on hunger in the world. Below is from website http://blog.bread.org/2010/08/good-books-on-hunger...

Good Books on Hunger and Poverty

We asked some of our members and followers if they’ve read any good books on hunger and poverty lately. Check out their suggestions—summer’s not over yet!

Three Cups of Tea, and Stones into Schools, both by Greg Mortenson

Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System, by Raj Patel

The Hole in Our Gospel, by Richard Stearns

A Thousand Sisters: My Journey into the Worst Place on Earth to Be a Woman, by Lisa Shannon

Down and Out in Paris and London, by George Orwell

Hope Lives: A Journey of Restoration, by Amber Van Schooneveld

How Much is Enough, by Arthur Simon

More With Less Cookbook and Living More With Less, both by Doris Janzen Longacre

The Long Loneliness, From Union Square to Rome, Loaves and Fishes, and Writings from Commonweal, all by Dorothy Day

Jesus Freak, and Take This Bread: A Radical Conversion, both by Sara Miles

Wage Theft in America, by Kim Bobo

How to Steal a Dog, by Barbara O'Connor

The Irresistible Revolution, by Shane Claiborne

Let Justice Roll Down, by John M. Perkins

Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger, by Ron Sider

The Poor Will Be Glad: Joining the Revolution to Lift the World Out of Poverty, by Peter Greer, Phil Smith, Jeremy Cowart, and Rob Bell

Walking with the Poor, by Bryant L. Myers

Tending to Eden: Environmental Stewardship for God's People, by Scott C. Sabin and Brian McLaren

The Working Poor: Invisible in America, by David Shipler

The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done about It, by Paul Collier

Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America, by Michael Yankoski

Look up spellcheckplus... and good luck